Hot Toys - MMS - Deadpool 2 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, this dusty variant just keeps tempting me. I don't need another pool, I don't need another pool. I'm very interested to see the final product, how exactly they achieve the look. The proto pics look just like the movie, slight bit of red undertone but mostly gray/black. Just gotta keep telling myself I don't need another pool...

Don't get me wrong, I love my DP2 figure but why couldn't they have made Cable, Domino, or Colossus instead of Dusty DP. This is so a repeat of the Anakin/Dark Side Anakin ordeal. Still, it's a great looking figure.

Don't get me wrong, I love my DP2 figure but why couldn't they have made Cable, Domino, or Colossus instead of Dusty DP. This is so a repeat of the Anakin/Dark Side Anakin ordeal. Still, it's a great looking figure.

Pretty sure it's the same type of license issues that they had with the X-Men.

It has to be a rights issue...if there's one thing HT does, it's make figures for every character. The fact that they had to resort to a dusty version just shows they had no other characters they could legally milk from the DP line.

Figured Hot Toys would do a Deadpool 2 dusty version. Tempting, comes with some extra pieces I'll most likely get from Toy Anxiety, don't really need a 3rd Pool, but this is pretty awesome.

Because all of those other figures have no designs and molds created? They just made a few tiny new molds for the accessories and did a new paint job on the existing suit.

I can't wrap my head around how anyone thinks this figure is replacing any of those other ones. There might be licensing issues, but I can't really imagine in this day and age licensing not being apart of everyone actor's contracts, and HT obviously has the DP2 license. Colossus doesn't even use a likeness.

I know I'm not a lawyer but how do you get licensing for only one character and not the others. Also, why would the studios not want to make more money on making these figures. I hate that the only movie DP figure we can get is from Hot Toys. I would love to have a 1/12th figure as well

Same argument can be made for the X-Men movies, only getting Wolverine and nobody else. Also begs the question of why Funko can only make Deadpool Pop figures based off the comic and not the movie. There’s definitely some roadblocks to those rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I'm not a lawyer but how do you get licensing for only one character and not the others. Also, why would the studios not want to make more money on making these figures. I hate that the only movie DP figure we can get is from Hot Toys. I would love to have a 1/12th figure as well

Someone explained it awhile ago but from what i remember is with Marvel you get the license and you can do all the characters from the movie but with other studios you have to get permission for each figure from the studio and actor. So one for Deadpool, another one for Cable and another one for Domino, etc, etc.

So the studio could say yes and the actor no or both could say yes and the actor might not approve the final product. I was thinking once Disney takes over MAYBE we could get some of these figures if Disney gets control over the actors likeness.

After reading some articles about Disney acquiring all the rights for X-Men and DP from Fox, I don't understand why we can't get these other characters since Hot Toys has many licenses from Disney's

After reading some articles about Disney acquiring all the rights for X-Men and DP from Fox, I don't understand why we can't get these other characters since Hot Toys has many licenses from Disney's

That will not be finalized until Jan 2019 and then maybe.

Anyone mind taking a pic of their should pads, specifically the back? I just got mine in from BBTS and it looks like it’s separated a bit but not sure if that’s normal or not.

Right shoulder
4abd8a71143d4d1195c2670f12e8d9cf.jpg

Left shoulder
c06e1634c8db4edc633aeb3211f3306f.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone mind taking a pic of their should pads, specifically the back? I just got mine in from BBTS and it looks like it’s separated a bit but not sure if that’s normal or not.

Right shoulder
4abd8a71143d4d1195c2670f12e8d9cf.jpg

Left shoulder
c06e1634c8db4edc633aeb3211f3306f.jpg

Sorry don't have a pic of the right shoulder, but the left shoulder pad on mine is flush, your left is better than the right. That looks like that may come off sooner rather than later.

https://i.imgur.com/0sY8R50.jpg

Hello
Anyone knowing when the figurines will be shipped by sideshow ? it says november, any clue ?

I still have yet to pull the trigger on this one, just not enough there to get me excited enough to pay retail, lol...
Especially since I still have the first one on display and he looks fine.

Back