Hot Toys - MMS - Deadpool 2 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe SS hasn't started shipping this figure yet. What's going on with them? I'm with you, I got this from my local shop over a month ago.

Sounds like receival of figures is all over the place. I'd heard of other figures coming really early for SS, and delayed from other stores. Who knows what's going on ???

I ordered this about three days before they shipped the first batch and I received it about a week after that. I was super surprised. I’ve had it over a month now

Are you able to swap the heads and the old shins into the new body? Been thingking about building one from scratch :(

Thanks

The big problem will be the color as the old figure is way more bright red. Having said that im almost 100 percent sure the heads are actually identical sculpt anyways.

Just not a big fan of the shiny red shins and buckle.. Do you think blackwashing the 1.0 shinguard would yeild a similar dark red to the suit?

The big problem will be the color as the old figure is way more bright red. Having said that im almost 100 percent sure the heads are actually identical sculpt anyways.

They do not look like that in person. Photos really accentuate the metallic nature. I was actually surprised how much more muted they are in person. If you wanted to subdue it, I'd rather think you'd just lightly drybrush a matte red over it. IMO that would be the more efficient way to do it.

Okay thank you for that. The metallic looked a bit strong in pics

They do not look like that in person. Photos really accentuate the metallic nature. I was actually surprised how much more muted they are in person. If you wanted to subdue it, I'd rather think you'd just lightly drybrush a matte red over it. IMO that would be the more efficient way to do it.

Deadpool: Hey, c’mon...you’re gonna end up cutting yoursel...your lip? Cheek? I mean it’s not gonna be worse than your scene at 0:21:40 to 0:23:05 in your own movie, oh no. That was beautiful btw. Truly a work of art.
www.instagram.com/series209

3FCAAEDA-5264-4A9D-B68E-AD09D75F8A5D.jpg

Okay thank you for that. The metallic looked a bit strong in pics

Yeah I didn’t look too closely for accuracy I’d assume since it’s newer the metallic is more accurate and I assume in real life there must be SOME differences between the v1 and v2 suit. but I agree that in person the metallic is not distracting it’s quite nice it looks a lot higher quality than the first.

In all honesty the single biggest difference I noticed is that the gloves have silver bits painted on this time. The sculpts are the same

All in all it’s not the kind of thing where it makes sense to own both. Like a iron man mark 3 and mark 4 sort of thing where they are almost so similar that the casual fan would probably want 4 as it just looks overall better but the iron man hardcore fan couldn’t deal with that as he would know that the shoulders are bigger on three and there are several key differences like the light thing on his chest being a triangle instead of a square etc. he’d want to own both.

There is literally NO reason to own both of these Deadpool’s though.

This guy in the red suit will be my early x -mas git to myself. I sold my sideshow version while back and skipped 1st version so will be happy to have him back in my collection again soon. Cant wait to get Cable later on next year.

I just got a early processing email from the early processing date that was sent out recently. Now it's saying I'll be charged on the 21st

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sooo question...as you can see from Yoshi's photo above mine DP's gotta smooth chest...if you look at mine he's got a circular bump on the right side of his chest.

Now this photo is of DP the very first day I got him on Oct 4th. I didn't really think too much about the bump because it didn't really stand out all too much...in fact, it's barely noticeable unless you are trying to look for it.

20181004_012649.jpg
20181004_014011.jpg

Now this photo was taken 3 days later on Oct 7th. No real difference honestly...

20181007_231229.jpg

Now fast forward to yesterday Nov 23 and you'll begin to notice that the bump on his chest is actually starting to become a bit more obvious due to discolorization...becoming more bright red.

20181123_221500.jpg

And now, finally today it seems like the entire circular bump has become bright freakin' red.

20181124_221541.jpg
20181124_221548.jpg
20181124_221555.jpg

Now yes, I'm aware lighting can cause the color to look different from photo to photo, but there's no denying that there is definitely something going on though.

What are your thoughts? I've owned this figure for close to 2 months now, so I doubt there's any way I could file a claim, could I? Also what the heck is that bump? It feels like hard plastic and as if it's a part of the figure underneath...I'm unable to shift it around or anything, so I'm at a loss as to why that's even there. It didn't seem like a big deal when I first got it but now it seems like it's getting worse, ugh! :gah:

Looks like maybe something is stuck to the body between it and the suit. Looks like the fabric is rubbing it like a chew can in a pocket does. That is getting more obvious by your current pics. Sorry to see it that really sucks.

Yeah, I mean clearly there's something in there, but it doesn't move or budge...it feels like it's part of the figure underneath.

Do you guys think SS would still be willing to offer a replacement body? I mean, Deadpool is still listed as "pre-order" on their website, so clearly they are still in stock, so a replacement should be viable, shouldn't it?

Yeah, I mean clearly there's something in there, but it doesn't move or budge...it feels like it's part of the figure underneath.

Do you guys think SS would still be willing to offer a replacement body? I mean, Deadpool is still listed as "pre-order" on their website, so clearly they are still in stock, so a replacement should be viable, shouldn't it?

Send them a photo. I think they would swap out the figure. A new body will remove the bump, but the mark may not go away.

Back