1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man and the Wasp - Ant-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was more of a wasp movie then antman movie. Scotts character regressed alot in this film in order to elevate wasp, i was shocked by how much they dumbed him down, he seemed like he was just there for comic relief..And Ya the suit was a joke much like IM3 suit. I still dont get why hank gave him that suit, it could have killed him on multiple occasions, and if it wasnt for Hope he would have.
I watched the two movies back to back and I didn't really feel that way about Scott's character. He felt about the same to me only his circumstance was different. It definitely felt more like a Pym family movie though which was fine. I wouldn't say the suit was quite as much of a joke as the Mark XLII. It was functional most of the time but had some kinks to work out. It worked in that it was a prototype though.

I watched the two movies back to back and I didn't really feel that way about Scott's character. He felt about the same to me only his circumstance was different. It definitely felt more like a Pym family movie though which was fine. I wouldn't say the suit was quite as much of a joke as the Mark XLII. It was functional most of the time but had some kinks to work out. It worked in that it was a prototype though.

But I don't care to watch a Marvel movie to see kinks worked out. I want to see the hero struggle, not their tech. All for gags, which I hate. That's why I think this goes to the bottom of the barrel with IM3. :lol

Apologies if it's already been bought up but what do you think the chances are they'll make a figure of Ghost? I may or may not desire such a figure because of how mesmerising Hannah John-Kamen's performance was.

They haven't really made a lot of 'villain' figures from phase three but oh well occasionally they can surprise with a figure not many could have expected.

Avengers 4 will be a much more serious stakes movie (to be fair I suppose though, Infinity War was full with the usual MCU humour, so anything is possible) … Part of the whole point of AMatW following Infinity War was to the lighten the mood with an action-comedy heist movie. We don't know much about the Captain Marvel movie, but I'm thinking it will head back to more The Winter Soldier atmosphere and tone...

But who knows. Maybe A4 will have Micheal Pena motormouth story gags and Taika Waititi rock-gladiator accent/culture stereotyping gags..

Apologies if it's already been bought up but what do you think the chances are they'll make a figure of Ghost? I may or may not desire such a figure because of how mesmerising Hannah John-Kamen's performance was.

They haven't really made a lot of 'villain' figures from phase three but oh well occasionally they can surprise with a figure not many could have expected.

1 Antman - 1 Wasp = 0 Ghost

...so zero chance.

The movie is also what I'd refer to as a 'minor' MCU movie like the first Ant-Man and Dr Strange. It's not often you get any more than a single figure for the lead and maybe, just maybe the villain (or co-star if that character is higher billed and more memorable than the villain, like TDW Loki and AMatW Wasp)

I'd file the chance of Ghost getting a figure as being up there with Yellowjacket or Kaecelius.

Yeah, I think Ant-Man and Wasp are the only figures this film will produce. The titular characters.

Ghost I don’t think is as popular a villain like Loki, or film stealer by having such a dominating presence, such as Hela. Regarding Hela, the fact that she’s related to Thor probably helped as well in her getting a figure.

There was never a public explanation, though they did mention at one point engineering was an issue. And I think you factor in the wings being harder and a first, with it being a low level villain from a second tier marvel film and by the time they figured the engineering out was already forgotten they just figured it wasn’t worth the cost risk at that point.

I still want it. It’s one of my favorite looks in the mcu so far.

just wanted to see all 3 next to each other at once, this one is pretty tempting
BXBtv72.jpg

Did the final released CW version end up with eyes visible through the lenses? I remember the first one did after they tweaked it with the HS inside

Am I the only one already having a hard time remembering who the villains were in this film? Sorry to be a critic...I was also disappointed there wasn't more Wasp. Could've used WAY more of her.

0% chance it gets made. If Yellow Jacket was never released (and that one actually had a prototype), then this will never ever see the light of day.

Am I the only one already having a hard time remembering who the villains were in this film? Sorry to be a critic...I was also disappointed there wasn't more Wasp. Could've used WAY more of her.

I’d actually say Sonny Burch. :lol

Back