1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man and the Wasp - Ant-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, there are not many English speaking YouTubers who purchase and review every Hot Toys released ... It would be great if Justin became more objective in his reviews. Is he somehow heavily sponsored?

"This figure is amazing. Hot Toys absolutely nailed it yet again and i can't even express how much i love this new sculpt".

He is just a generator of random words for Hot Toys praise.

".....now let's zoom in to that headsculpt and take a closer look"

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda just wished they'd reused the og head in the helmet sculpt for this one as well. We didn't need a full unmasked head anyway.

If they had people would then have said it wasn't true to the film, he never wore this suit where the helmet was on not the mask as it retracted fully into his suit.

It would have been the same if they had given a mask open head sculpt of the Mark 50, he never did that during the film.

Not gonna lie has been a disappointment with the final reveal but I love the suit design and I was probably never going to have either Ant-Man or the Wasp without their helmets, a good Paul Rudd head with say a slight smirk would have been great though.

Maybe in AMATW2 we will get the perfect HT Rudd Sculpt, so thats gonna be what 2024/25?

I am keeping my PO and never planned on using the HS anyway. It?s too bad to not try to use for something else as a joke though.

I get what ppl are saying about cancelling and waiting for a discount. I doubt you?d see anything other than free shipping and that will be a while. I think the secondary market is where you?d see a decreased price, but again, that won?t be anytime soon.

I am keeping my PO and never planned on using the HS anyway. It?s too bad to not try to use for something else as a joke though.

I get what ppl are saying about cancelling and waiting for a discount. I doubt you?d see anything other than free shipping and that will be a while. I think the secondary market is where you?d see a decreased price, but again, that won?t be anytime soon.

Yeah, the helmeted look is awesome and even if the sculpt was perfect, I'd likely have left it in the box. Maybe....maybe it could work for a Team Suit bash...

If Rudd approved this, I wouldn't be surprised if he's just amused by having terrible action figures. Either that, or he figured it couldn't be any worse than this: :rotfl

Gotta say, I would have actually preferred that smirking expression to the big smile they were aiming for, as I think it would have fit the character better and not look so out of place in the collection.

Yeah, the helmeted look is awesome and even if the sculpt was perfect, I'd likely have left it in the box. Maybe....maybe it could work for a Team Suit bash...

Yup without the helmet it's basically just Paul Rudd in a generic red superhero suit, so I think it was kind of a must to use anyway.

So...the head sculpt is one thing....and I can keep it in the box....but does anyone else have an OCD bother about the really protruding elbow guards and shoulder flaps? He’s had suit in both AM & Wasp, And Endgame—every time I see it, those parts are integrated to the sleeve....to me, seems HT used to do this a lot, but lately seems to make large protrusions that never fit the body curves as they used to. Wasp seems to do this better....but wondering if worth it to break up the set and pass on this one.....ok to display V1 with Wasp...repping both films separately....?

I'm usually a bit harsher in my reviews but I can't afford to buy everything from HK.

What was the name of Timcent's new store?

So...the head sculpt is one thing....and I can keep it in the box....but does anyone else have an OCD bother about the really protruding elbow guards and shoulder flaps? He?s had suit in both AM & Wasp, And Endgame?every time I see it, those parts are integrated to the sleeve....to me, seems HT used to do this a lot, but lately seems to make large protrusions that never fit the body curves as they used to. Wasp seems to do this better....but wondering if worth it to break up the set and pass on this one.....ok to display V1 with Wasp...repping both films separately....?

I definitely don't like the elbow and knee pads from the pics I've seen. It looks like they've done a really poor job gluing them to the suit. You can clearly see the difference between the prototype and final product. The edges of the pads are look to be glued to the suit in the proto, but in the final it looks like only the center of the pads are glued.

Who is the credited sculptor on this sculpt? What other figures have they done?

This is definitely the worst sculpt they?ve produced in years. It?s not just that it lacks likeness accuracy or paint detail, but it?s like they actively went out of their way to make it bad.

But this hobby is so funny. Remember when everyone was immediately complaining about the final IW Bucky sculpt and how it was slightly less thin than the prototype? One of the best sculpts of the last couple years and some people were losing their minds that it was a big drop-off from the proto. And then something like this comes out and there are some people, especially on Facebook, saying that it?s not really all THAT bad or that they even like it, lol.

I'm not even trying to justify this awful sculpt because it really is bad.

But is it being bad really something that would make people cancel their order?

If I was getting an Ant-Man figure I would be getting it to display him with his helmet on. I think people deserve a better sculpt for sure but I personally wouldn't really have it be something that I cancel the order over when I like his overall costume.

Having him on display with the Wasp is cool enough.

ant-man-and-the-wasp-concept-art.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

the-wasp_marvel_gallery_5c4c1aaf8ae60.jpg

The problem for many people is that Hot Toys are a premium brand selling the most expensive collectible figures with a top-notch head sculpts. The day Hot Toys will downgrade the quality of head sculpts is the day the Hot Toys company will slowly lead to its end.

Also that old antman rudd sculpt is a proto shot, so not a good comparison photo. The actual sculpt looks more like this:

View attachment 487740

Considerably softer and not a strong likeness either imo. I was never impressed with it much. Still yes it is better than this one due to the teeth.

That looks 1/1 scale. Old Ant-Man was one of HTs perfect figures.

This smiling head is what we get for posting manipulated app pics all over social media. HT thought, I guess they want bigger expressions on 1/6 heads since they keep posting and sharing these.

Be careful what you ask for.

jedijim3002, get to work on the Wasp face app! :lecture

Just finished sending Howard my preference for updating the Wasp sculpt. Hope you guys like smiles?
0122ff1ac3c1974971db047783437267.jpg

e05322eaf921c3796812e6f6dae829f5.jpg

6d12e3a33efd9b3adbf2b1d01c0f62cb.jpg

4cb3b50c2f9553e27ce47a6871fb3197.jpg

b86313c1035d3502201576d24afb4ecd.jpg

The flood of angry HTcustomers posts will negate any faceapp pics now. They fell for it once after the civil war ant man head was criticized for being too stern and the smiley pics started being posted everywhere. HT won?t make the same mistake of listening to their customers again. :lol

Yeah, thank you—all I hear about is poor HS....truth, but I wanted helmeted anyways, so I’m ok without it. However from the photo this looks different and I cannot unsee all the flaps/cuts. I also think this is like Capt. Marvel with one Solid center piece—all the running shots look slightly unnatural...considering cancel preorder and go for smaller scale ant man, more relevant anyways. But so torn bc this is likely last AM suit they make, and been through so much....but the cost for this based on its quality has me 2nd guessing....

Yeah, thank you—all I hear about is poor HS....truth, but I wanted helmeted anyways, so I’m ok without it. However from the photo this looks different and I cannot unsee all the flaps/cuts. I also think this is like Capt. Marvel with one Solid center piece—all the running shots look slightly unnatural...considering cancel preorder and go for smaller scale ant man, more relevant anyways. But so torn bc this is likely last AM suit they make, and been through so much....but the cost for this based on its quality has me 2nd guessing....

Why would this be the last Ant-Man they make? He still has his upcoming 3rd movie for HT to milk and F up! :lol

Wouldn't be surprised if the Team Suit Antman is revealed next week now to just *****k with fans AND to save face on this sculpt.
I remember when most ppl were crying out when the blogger pics for Ewan Kenobi "tongue sculpt" were revealed...and inhand it looked fine.
I fear this sculpt is far too extreme.

Back