1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man and the Wasp - Ant-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks almost as bad as the black panther sculpt. Almost.

Normally I'm not so negative but considering the wait on this, I really feel sorry for those who pre-ordered.

Especially when the original was so good imo.

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 12.56.01.jpg

Not a fan of the smiling sculpt but planned on displaying with helmet anyway. Although I did think about using the extra sculpt for a team suit Scott Lang. That?s probably a no now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smiling teeth sculpts rarely work, it's so scene specific. Anyone remember the original Jack Sparrow DX sculpt prototype with the teeth? :-O

Makes me glad that went with the smirk on Yondu instead of his teeth look, even though his teeth really help make the character. That one could have turned out like the 'Galactic Predator' knock-off!

Not sure I'll ever use this smiling Rudd sculpt. For AMATW, I planned to display with the helmet on anyways, but was thinking of an extra to display on the Endgame shelf with helmet off, but he'd need a more serious look for that. Guess the CW Ruddfleck sculpt will have to do.

Wow, this sculpt has exploded all over the place.

Many of you are being quite toxic over this all over social media, especially on JC Hong's insta page.

This feels like another round of cyber bullying to me and it's pretty ridiculous to me imo.

I had a feeling the sculpt would turn out bad. HT keeps making these bad decision type sculpts lately. The IW cap comes to mind. The beard was awful on that and looked nothing like Chris Evans. Smiling sculpts with teeth are just an automatic fail with HT. They can't do it in a way that looks natural and not creepy, wish they would stop already.

Also that old antman rudd sculpt is a proto shot, so not a good comparison photo. The actual sculpt looks more like this:
antman.jpg

Considerably softer and not a strong likeness either imo. I was never impressed with it much. Still yes it is better than this one due to the teeth.

I wonder if you can swap Scott unmasked heads and put the CWl head on this version because this version looks the best overall :dunno

I can't help but think they used the CW hs as a base for this and tweaked it. Maybe someone can make a photo shop comparison or something to see if i'm right.

Well for everyone asking for more expressive headsculpts and not wanting so many neutral/blank faces, this is why they don't do that. The more expressive the face, the harder it is to capture the likeness. :lecture

I think this would've worked if they hadn't gone so wide, its much too extreme. It needs to be more subtle and don't show the gum line. It makes the teeth look out of scale. I don't know why they only show the upper teeth, they should use upper and lower teeth with no gum line. The way it is now makes it look like hes biting his lower lip.

This is my favorite Antman costume and the figure itself actually looks really good. The unmasked sculpt is unfortunate but still want the figure

[emoji23]. This sculpt is going to end up in so many memes and funny Photoshoped 1/6 pics !

fc0b77601b9d2dec7384ebc7b5e74fa4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as people don't like the headsculpt; I'm a big fan of this suit overall and it looks great

Back