Hot Toys - MMS 87- Planet of the Apes General Ursus spec + hi res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if Ursus helmet and flaps are sculpted or made out of a flexable material?

The helmet looks like its made of a soft material as not to damage the headsculpt. It's a good question though.

Are these dead in the water now? What's going on with them? I haven't heard anything about HT's Apes in a while.

I'm really wanting to get these and everything POTA that HT puts out.

Haven't heard anything about them either... hope they didn't get scrapped. Although I can't think of anything HT has actually debuted that didn't get made.

I guess the reason why I thought it was the third quarter was that I pre-ordered the Hot Toys Apes through Alter Ego and they have them listed as shipping third quarter. And according to SIdeshow they are supposed to be shipping this month.

I take it that nobody has received any "arriving at warehouse in 20 days"-type e-mails from Sideshow yet? :confused:

Pretty much every retailer I've checked has them listed for Q2, which means that they should be showing up any time in the next 3 months. Don't know if the helmet is soft, but it is removeable, with a full noggin underneath(don't remember where I saw the photo, but I did see it). Simiophiles, be alert and vigilant!...PS

Okay, just did a little recon on the thread...this is where I saw the shot of the General sans helmet!(page 3).Getting psyched...

Last edited:
So actually Q2 means they should have been out already since we're in Q3 right now. I definitely would rather them be late and really nice looking than rushed and sub par though. I imagine getting that hair to look good straight from the factory is a chore.

I asked hot toys 2 month ago and they told me that they would be available for june or july. Well, we are the 8th of july already...

I didn't order these but I cannot believe these haven't come out yet. How old is this thread??

-edit- actually not as old as I thought but December 2008...not quite as drawn out as the TDK Batmobile situation I guess

According to this week's newsletter, the three Hot Toys Apes release dates are officially changed to the third quarter. I'm assuming late in the quarter since we are currently in that quarter.

Back