1/6 Hot Toys - MMS402/3 - Rogue One - Chirrut Imwe Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll get Krennic as well yes. I tried to stay away, but these figures are just too good. You?

Well considering I started the "Why no love for Krennic, Cassian and Baze" thread I probably should get Krennic [emoji16]

I have

Deluxe Jyn
Deluxe Chirrut
Death trooper
Shoretrooper
K2S0

If we could just get Baze. Cassian should be a given hopefully. There's also a decent chance Saw turns up in his show too. Perhaps a younger version. But I'd take him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_2782.JPG

I was there like 10 seconds after getting the tweet notification and it was already in someone's cart, so yeah must've been just 1.

I sold Chirrut because as good a figure as he is, he just didn?t quite fit in with a broader collection.

Jyn I could put with the other heroines, K-2SO with others droids or Imperials. But Jyn, K-2SO, and Chirrut didn?t look right to me together because it?s only half the cast. Especially without Baze.

That said, despite never seeing those lost inventory notifications quickly enough, the temptation and disappointment were strong in equal measure.

If they do ever make a Baze, I hope they?ll reissue Chirrut despite reissues still being very rare.

I?m one of those people who should of brought this figure early on. Refuse to pay asking prices now.
Doubt HT will do a two pack with Baze.

Sorry don?t get this Chirrut doesn?t fit with anything argument. He fits well in a trio with Jyn and K2SO.

Our only hope at this point is that they do Cassian for his show, and either by some miracle cameo Baze gets some airtime and Hot Toys decide to make him to close out the line, or they are reminded of Baze by enough people.

Both are highly unlikely, and it'll probably be Justice League all over again. The whole lineup Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Aquaman but no Cyborg.....unbelievable !!! (OK I have hope for Cyborg with the Snyder Cut, but if that didn't happen HT would have been fine to leave it like that).

What an A-h company really.

I was pretty lucky and got Chirrut from a Canadian e-retailer back in the spring for a little over $300 CAD. While it wasn't the exclusive I still think that's a pretty good price. I would have loved that Scarif base though.

I don't think they will ever make Baze.. I think due to the spoiler accident, he might have bad relationship with the franchise and maybe Disney don't want to have anything more to do with the guy playing Baze.. especially in terms of giving money, including via likeness copyright.

Sorry don?t get this Chirrut doesn?t fit with anything argument. He fits well in a trio with Jyn and K2SO.

To each their own. They looked fine together as figures, certainly. But there are folks (myself included) who felt the overall display looked ultimately incomplete with each figure missing their companion (Cassian and Baze).

The movie deserved to have both figures made, along with Saw. Would love to have seen it go even further with characters like Galen Erso, Antoc Merrick, Edrio Two Tubes, etc. It's unfortunate it came at a weird time in the post TFA Star Wars merchandise reassessment phase.

Back