Hot Toys - MMS 87- Planet of the Apes General Ursus spec + hi res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ indeed, although i haven't gotten these €600 for all three works out to around £160 per figure which i'd class as pretty good for older figures

Yeah, someone here on the forum wanted 970 euros + I would've had to pay customs taxes.

This thread and the one for the MMS88 Gorilla Soldier have been in the wrong section since 2008. :lol

Surprised there's been so little interest in Hot Toys' classic Apes.

IMG_0760 HT Ursus.JPG

IMG_0766 HT Ursus.JPG

IMG_0772 HT Apes.JPG

For me the original POTA films are the only POTA films. None of the other versions else came remotely close to capturing my imagination the way John Chambers' designs did.

Last edited:
I love these designs, but can't stomach the aftermarket price for the figures.

What surprises me more than anything is the lack of high-end merchandise for classic POTA in the last ten years. All these amazing statues and figures in various scales, but no love for Zira, Cornelius, or gorilla soldiers.

I love these designs, but can't stomach the aftermarket price for the figures.

What surprises me more than anything is the lack of high-end merchandise for classic POTA in the last ten years. All these amazing statues and figures in various scales, but no love for Zira, Cornelius, or gorilla soldiers.

I knew I paid around £240 for all three on Ebay.

A quick search of the forum found my post from 7th January 2011, when prices were already hot (though comparatively cheap by today's standards):

Ouch. Those prices are getting hotter. I bought my Ursus, Captain and Soldier mint-boxed last July on Ebay, and paid a total of £246 delivered for the three figures. Still a lot of money for me, but well worth it.

Ursus and the Captain can be bought now on UK Ebay for £164.98 each delivered.

The arrival post from 27th July 2010:

I received the three Hot Toys gorillas today, and I just can't express how much I love these figures!

DSCN3817.jpg

DSCN3818.jpg

DSCN3819.jpg

DSCN3820.jpg

The only thing is that they really show up the Sideshow Gorilla Soldier.

The HT Gorilla Captain's box says he's a Limited Edition - does anyone know how many were released? I can't find any reliable information on numbers for these, though I did see a store claiming that Ursus was a limited edition of 1500.

Thirteen years ago I was still bemoaning the sculpt on Sideshow's gorilla. :lol

Back