Hot Toys - MMS 87- Planet of the Apes General Ursus spec + hi res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its like comparing sex when you were in high school and sex now.

When you were is high school you thought it was great, now you realized it kinda sucked and NOW sex it great.

I dont even want to think about what I might come up with in the next ten years. Likewise, its hard to imagine Hot Toys in ten years :google

i guess some of us have better high school memories than others...

A bearded Taylor? I wonder if they'll do him with real fake hair as well. I just hope they don't do rubberised space suits for Taylor and the apes.

You bring up an interesting point... will Taylor sport real hair too? I'm thinking no since it is so short. But how will a sculpted hair Taylor look when displayed next to some hairy ape. :confused:

Amazing as always. I'm not a big enough Apes fan to buy any merchandise, but like most of HT's figures, it's tempting.

In some way you probably can. Before SSC started distributing HT in the US, they weren't getting these huge licenses.

Riddle me this: Why doesn't SSC distribute TDK figures then? DCD is so credit where it is due.

In some way you probably can. Before SSC started distributing HT in the US, they weren't getting these huge licenses.

I thought they had announced the Batman Begins and Superman Returns figures before that happened. Although I admit I could be wrong about that.

As for human characters; I'd prefer traditional sculpting on them. no hair.

Riddle me this: Why doesn't SSC distribute TDK figures then? DCD is so credit where it is due.

Umm, cause DCD owns the license :duh

And Sideshow has been distributing Hot Toys for about 3 years, and DCD has been doing it for, lets see, a couple months.

So yeah, credit where it is due. Sideshow.

Answer: SSC won't carry DC because of their contracts with Marvel. That's why they won't distribute TDK in North America and why the only option is to get them from DCD, Toys2, Cornerstore or BigBad. And Hot Toys was distributing big licenses like Terminator before SSC began distributing their products.

Answer: SSC won't carry DC because of their contracts with Marvel. That's why they won't distribute TDK in North America and why the only option is to get them from DCD, Toys2, Cornerstore or BigBad. And Hot Toys was distributing big licenses like Terminator before SSC began distributing their products.

I'm not going to argue - but when HT was doing Aliens and Terminator on their own, they weren't getting likeness rights.

SSC doesn't carry the Warner Bros. product because all WB superhero movie licensing goes to DCD for either creation or distribution. It has nothing to do with SSC having the Marvel license.

jUST SAW THAT THREAD FOR THE FIRST TIME... WHAT AN AMAZING FIGURE.

Back