Hot Toys - MMS 66 -AVP-R - Predator (Cleaner Kit version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw Jeez, here we go again! I guess we all knew this was coming though, didn't we? Haven't we been predicting this thing for the past few months? I gotta say I'm just a wee bit surprised at the surge of negative responses though... it sounds like people were hoping there wouldn't be another HT version of Wolf. At least they announced it in time for (some) people to cancel their orders for the "regular" Wolf. :monkey4

Anyway, I already beat this issue into the ground the last time they pulled this trick, so I shall resign myself to the inevitable this time around. Besides, the rest of you are already doing a damn fine job of it without me. :monkey1

The left eye-peice on the mask has a crack on it; is this the same as the original wolf? I knew he had a clouded eye, but the eye-peice damage is a nice addition.

Too bad it's missing the posable whip...that would have been nice to have. A shuriken I can borrow from one of my AvP predators if necessary.

And I think he is missing the other shoulder cannon b/c they couldn't fit it on his back w/ that cleaner kit.

No, it's not damaged on the first version. I guess that's the BD!

It would be better to put some more time and energy into improving the Predator 1 face than releasing another Wolf.

Nice new version.
I especially like the possibility of open mandibles, but otherwise, I'm happy with my soon-to-arrive Wolf Mk.1.
I'm not sure which one I would choose if I had the choice.

I'm not so sure this is definitely supposed to be an early version of Wolf. As I recall he reassembled the extra cannon into a hand weapon near the end of the movie. What exactly did they have in mind with this release I wonder... besides squeezing more cash out of us, I mean...?

Eh, whatev. All these accessories that come with the aliens colonial marines and other preds, even tho they're cool i don't even pose them with half of it anyways. The stand and head will show up on evilbay or maybe 'round here. Still a nice fig either way.

bummer about the single shoulder cannon... but otherwise this is superior to the first one

Yes, this sucks. There's no other way of saying it. I thought SSC where already milking their fans, but HT proves that their're better at that also!

The figure, the base and the accessories look great, but the re-release pratique just sucks!

You can still cancel yours? Mine shipped about 10 days ago.
I got it from the wait-list. As happy I was when the wait-list converted, I'm pretty bummed about this new release now. But like MaulFan said, it's good to have the whip and the two shoulder cannons.

I didn't take it at sideshow and my local seller doesn't have it yet ;).

But I don't know if I will buy it, mk1 even mk2, I think to stop the hot toys predator line, I don't want a part of product, I want a complete product !

But I don't know if I will buy it, mk1 even mk2, I think to stop the hot toys predator line, I don't want a part of product, I want a complete product !
thats what i think. they even left out parts of this new version...does this mean that they plan on something else???

Aw Jeez, here we go again! I guess we all knew this was coming though, didn't we? Haven't we been predicting this thing for the past few months? I gotta say I'm just a wee bit surprised at the surge of negative responses though... it sounds like people were hoping there wouldn't be another HT version of Wolf. At least they announced it in time for (some) people to cancel their orders for the "regular" Wolf.

I wasn't hoping, in fact I expected a BD Wolf and was fine with that because even if he included these extra things, he'd have the unsightly damage on him, which I don't care for on P2 but BD was my only choice there, and I could have been fine with a second Wolf. That they've gone and made a second, identical figure with just a few alternate accessories is frustrating and not cool on their part, this sort of practice if overused could overshadow they're quality because they'll piss people off too much and no one will buy first releases anymore.

I'm not so sure this is definitely supposed to be an early version of Wolf. As I recall he reassembled the extra cannon into a hand weapon near the end of the movie. What exactly did they have in mind with this release I wonder... besides squeezing more cash out of us, I mean...?

It is an odd figure whose accessories suggest it's just a money ploy because there's a mix of end of the film elements and early Wolf scene materials with what came with the first one falling in between.

Let's look at this from a positive point of view....this is an opportunity for those who didn't get the first version to get Wolf at a reasonable price.
Those that have the first version and like this one better can always sell theirs (more than likely for a profit, even if it's opened) and get this version if money is limited. Hot Toys has made these, through limited distribution to keep their value. And even appreciate in most cases.
Listen, this is a business and Hot Toys is in it to make money. But at least once you buy them they keep their value and you don't loose money. In this HT's has done right by us.

I'm perfectly satisfied with the regular Wolf figure, same-same for the first P2 Predator. Having new and improved versions released soon afterwards doesn't make me like them less. I understand and agree with points on both sides of the issue, and realize that everyone will decide for themselves in the end. Good for some, an outrage to others, just like with the BD P2. :google

I've been expecting a Wolf variant, as most of us have. Even though it isn't exactly what I had imagined, it has many of the things I would've expected, the roaring mandibles, hand-held cannon and the cleaner kit. All that stuff looks pretty good so far, so I'm sure I'll be ordering one of these for the extra goodies. I don't expect they'll make a BD variant after this, but you never know!

I'm not thrilled about having to buy the whole figure again to get them, but I'll find a way to live with it somehow. I'm sure I'd hate to miss out on it.

I'm perfectly satisfied with the regular Wolf figure, same-same for the first P2 Predator. Having new and improved versions released soon afterwards doesn't make me like them less. I understand and agree with points on both sides of the issue, and realize that everyone will decide for themselves in the end. Good for some, an outrage to others, just like with the BD P2. :google

I've been expecting a Wolf variant, as most of us have. Even though it isn't exactly what I had imagined, it has many of the things I would've expected, the roaring mandibles, hand-held cannon and the cleaner kit. All that stuff looks pretty good so far, so I'm sure I'll be ordering one of these for the extra goodies. I don't expect they'll make a BD variant after this, but you never know!

I'm not thrilled about having to buy the whole figure again to get them, but I'll find a way to live with it somehow. I'm sure I'd hate to miss out on it.

:lecture
I completely agree there, if I didnt buy it I would probably be very annoyed at the price id have to pay on ebay. I suppose they do know that suckers like me will buy it! :lol

Sadly, that's the best bet, you'll probably be pushing $90 trying to pick up pieces on eBay later because the sellers of parted out figures will know the demand. If they're cheap now, it might be wise to get the parts from the current Wolf on Ebay and add them to the V2 rather than add V2 to the V1, but I'd go quick, now that images are out, prices'll start jumping I'm sure.

Sadly, that's the best bet, you'll probably be pushing $90 trying to pick up pieces on eBay later because the sellers of parted out figures will know the demand. If they're cheap now, it might be wise to get the parts from the current Wolf on Ebay and add them to the V2 rather than add V2 to the V1, but I'd go quick, now that images are out, prices'll start jumping I'm sure.

Hells, yeah. I know when I'm licked... all over. "Get 'em while you can" has become SOP for me with HT figures, so I've managed to avoid having to hunt for anything I may have missed on eBay. Staying ahead of the game seems to be the best way to go if you're really into collecting these figures.

:lecture
I completely agree there, if I didnt buy it I would probably be very annoyed at the price id have to pay on ebay. I suppose they do know that suckers like me will buy it! :lol

There it is. That makes two of us. :lol

Last edited:
Back