1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 498 - Ant-man and the Wasp - The Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well which is it, the photo or 80 degrees? Cause the angle in the diagram isn't actually 80 degrees (50 maybe?), but that promo image could be bent to about 80 degrees. I just bent my figure to not quite 90 but close, 80 seems plausible, and it held that position. Like all the rubber suits I wouldn't leave it like that for long, but does it.

That is funny! The photo is clearly not 80 degrees but I never even thought about it until you mentioned it. The promo pic is 90 degrees, the instructions say 80 on a pose that's 45. Hot Toys all over the map!

I think the figure is spot on to the movie suit!

K9vzDhT.jpg

Opened up the box to take a look at the figure and wow it's very awesome! The helmeted head sculpt is spectacular, so cool to see her portrait under the mask. The unmasked head sculpt is stunning, looks just like the actress, I also like the subtle smile. It seems to me the underlying body is from CM, or parts from it. Though the torso/butt area feels padded, which I think as some mentioned makes her look more 'athletic' and I agree. Took a quick look at the wings and they're big and impressive! Can't wait to set her up with them (later on).

Opened up the box to take a look at the figure and wow it's very awesome! The helmeted head sculpt is spectacular, so cool to see her portrait under the mask. The unmasked head sculpt is stunning, looks just like the actress, I also like the subtle smile. It seems to me the underlying body is from CM, or parts from it. Though the torso/butt area feels padded, which I think as some mentioned makes her look more 'athletic' and I agree. Took a quick look at the wings and they're big and impressive! Can't wait to set her up with them (later on).

Yeah, this is one of those sleeper figures that some will pass on and regret later. I've got an Infinity War/End Game focus so she fit the criteria (or close enough). Agree that the subtle view of the actress behind the helmet is very well done and adds to the accuracy of the figure. I'm hoping they execute similarly with the Tony Team Suit <insert Gmoney head sculpt bash here> :)

Mine arrived on Monday, but I won't be able to get to it until later this weekend so I'm happy to hear you are really impressed by the likeness of both portraits. I look forward to making the judgment call myself, but from all that I've seen this one looks like a real winner! :hi5:

Yeah, this is one of those sleeper figures that some will pass on and regret later. I've got an Infinity War/End Game focus so she fit the criteria (or close enough). Agree that the subtle view of the actress behind the helmet is very well done and adds to the accuracy of the figure. I'm hoping they execute similarly with the Tony Team Suit <insert Gmoney head sculpt bash here> :)

:lol

I'm glad I've become synonymous with being a tough critic on poor likeness. I shall wear that like a badge of honor! :duff:

It's almost parody at this point.
Or Panto, lol. Someone says they like it, he quotes them and bashes it, ad infinitum.

Much agreed! Yeah it's awesome this Wasp can be used for an AATW or EG display.

Speaking of the team suit figure, I wasn't to keen on those suits, but now they're growing on me.

Mine arrived on Monday, but I won't be able to get to it until later this weekend so I'm happy to hear you are really impressed by the likeness of both portraits. I look forward to making the judgment call myself, but from all that I've seen this one looks like a real winner! :hi5:

[...]

Hope you'll be happy with it! Yeah she looks terrific in hand! The figure definitely looks like Evangeline Lily shrunk down to 1/6 scale and is going to kick you in the face :lol

Hope you'll be happy with it! Yeah she looks terrific in hand! The figure definitely looks like Evangeline Lily shrunk down to 1/6 scale and is going to kick you in the face :lol

It was Hot Toys overload for me this weekend since I had 3 arrive this same week. Unfortunately the VG Spideys got most of my attention, however just wanted to give a shout out to The Wasp for being a dope figure as well.

A really superb headsculpt, which makes it a headscratcher on how the same company that produced this portrait can much up the Mk 85 one so badly!

Anyways, here's a quick shot from the cellphone.

20210115_213106.jpg

It was Hot Toys overload for me this weekend since I had 3 arrive this same week. Unfortunately the VG Spideys got most of my attention, however just wanted to give a shout out to The Wasp for being a dope figure as well.

A really superb headsculpt, which makes it a headscratcher on how the same company that produced this portrait can much up the Mk 85 one so badly!

Anyways, here's a quick shot from the cellphone.

View attachment 504010

Glad you're content with her! :) She's a lovely figure indeed.

Just got Antman and Wasp in today from sideshow, had rewards saved up that needed spending. Love the colors on both suits, they are really vibrant and look great under leds. The wings make her huge for a single detolf and just fits(in a flying pose at least). Personally I feel the Paul Rudd sculpt isn't nearly as terrible as hd closeup pics made it out to be, though it's still goofy nonetheless. Both are well worth it for anyone on the fence!
antman wasp.jpg

Just got Antman and Wasp in today from sideshow, had rewards saved up that needed spending. Love the colors on both suits, they are really vibrant and look great under leds. The wings make her huge for a single detolf and just fits(in a flying pose at least). Personally I feel the Paul Rudd sculpt isn't nearly as terrible as hd closeup pics made it out to be, though it's still goofy nonetheless. Both are well worth it for anyone on the fence!
View attachment 504104

Great shot, that lighting is indeed clutch!

View attachment 504104

Nice setup!! :clap Yeah the wings are big!

Thanks Zurdo, Im gonna end up moving this setup to my curio with a taller shelves to really utilize her wings more. I Just need to think of a setup where I can implement both antman and the wasp with other avengers.

Welcome! Yeah that also sounds like a good setup! I suspect finding the sufficient space for the duo especially with Wasp's wings can be fiddly.

Back