1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 498 - Ant-man and the Wasp - The Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there?s one thing that this figure has got, and can?t be denied, is curves. The curves and the great headsculpt of Hope ?Evangeline Lilly?, is why I had to buy that parted out body. I?m not sure I?ll ever change my ?Wasp flying holding Ant-Man? which requires their helmets since they would be shrunken but not to use that amazing headsculpt plus showing off how nicely they ?sculpted? the figure body would be a shame as well.

View attachment 503197

I’m right there with you! I’ve been looking for a parted out body or good deal on a second figure. I did the same thing with Captain Marvel. The helmet and HS are too good not to have both on display (to me at least).

If there's one thing that this figure has got, and can't be denied, is curves. The curves and the great headsculpt of Hope/Evangeline Lilly, is why I had to buy that parted out body.

Right? This figure looks and feels super athletic, like a dancer. And I love that they gave it split-cut boots (something I wish they had done for the Captain Marvel figure). Can't have a dynamic flying pose without en pointe feet!

Tried my best to re-create the Iron Studio's pose. I put the wings on "just for the photos" and now they live there forever because wow, they are delicate. :lol

1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg

And here she is with some friends:

6.jpg

Tried my best to re-create the Iron Studio's pose. I put the wings on "just for the photos" and now they live there forever because wow, they are delicate. :lol

Actually they aren?t as delicate as you might think. My main setup for my Ant-Man & The Wasp figures is flying Wasp carrying Ant-Man which I?ve been using since week 1 of owning Wasp (I tried other poses, especially because of that immaculate Hope headsculpt and those sculpted curves) but it?s so iconic from movies and comics that I?ve decided to keep them like that until Armageddon. I couldn?t let the headsculpt go to waste and found a good price on a parted out body which I?m using in my Avengers displays. As an aside, someone said they did the same with Danvers as did I, especially since the helmet head is comically (I don?t want to say bad but low resolution, or lacks definition especially in the unmasked area) unimpressive but when she?s all kitted out with her effects, the helmet head works fine.

But this is about Wasp, not Danvers and my point about the wings being more durable then you might think has a lot to do with the fact that it did take a few days for me to get Hope and Scott secured properly on one single flight pole (2 clamps, 1 pole, 1 base) and they definitely took a couple tumbles. As I am slow to learn some lessons, I didn?t move them until perhaps fall 3 or 4 which was about 5 feet (1.5 meters) high and thankfully both figures have no visible damage. One fall ripped the right or left wing sections right out of the figure and I thought for sure that I was going to be breaking out the crazy glue but thankfully not.

However, when removing the wings from the backpack, I?d recommend prying them out of their sockets with a dull metal instrument. Personally, I have a WW Godkiller letter opener that is dull, made of metal and has been surprisingly useful. I didn?t buy it to be used a a letter opener and the dimensions given were so close to the HT?s version, I thought I could use it with figures but as you can see, it?s actually much to big to consider it 1/6 and too small to be considered 1/5 (maybe 27-28/150). E70BB065-F406-442F-89FC-1EF9081D6D73.jpg

Point being, don?t be afraid to remove those wings, they are obviously and surprisingly sturdy.

View attachment 503221

Now that?s a fantastic picture with some cool poses!

If there?s one thing that this figure has got, and can?t be denied, is curves. The curves and the great headsculpt of Hope ?Evangeline Lilly?, is why I had to buy that parted out body. I?m not sure I?ll ever change my ?Wasp flying holding Ant-Man? which requires their helmets since they would be shrunken but not to use that amazing headsculpt plus showing off how nicely they ?sculpted? the figure body would be a shame as well.

View attachment 503197

Yeah this figure seems to be so good! I nabbed a second for both looks too! Tho, I still haven't opened this Wasp (EG Nat, Mando, others too lol) since I've opened and been admiring Alita Battle Angel. (Ah, so many figs so little time) But then again I just find myself grabbing and playing around with my Captain Marvels, I think I spent the most time with that figure(s) haha

Right? This figure looks and feels super athletic, like a dancer. And I love that they gave it split-cut boots (something I wish they had done for the Captain Marvel figure). Can't have a dynamic flying pose without en pointe feet!

They did do the split-cut boots for Captain Marvel :wink1:

View attachment 503217 View attachment 503218
View attachment 503219 View attachment 503220

View attachment 503221

Nice pictures and poses! Nice ensemble shot too!! I'm also looking forward to putting her with my other female heroes!!!!

Nice! Finally set up wasp. Great figure.
2947cf8557db0d78a15ad6deb50fc75a.jpg

d9d5daf9b442d04c92c15ebf4934c539.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice Avengers shelf!!!!

I?m right there with you! I?ve been looking for a parted out body or good deal on a second figure. I did the same thing with Captain Marvel. The helmet and HS are too good not to have both on display (to me at least).

Yeah same! :D

View attachment 503221

Awesome pose (and lineup)! That Black Widow pose is seriously making me consider (finally) picking up the Avengers Black Widow figure. But what happened to her wrist bracers? :lol

Awesome pose (and lineup)! That Black Widow pose is seriously making me consider (finally) picking up the Avengers Black Widow figure. But what happened to her wrist bracers? :lol

Thank you! She's a really good figure. Very pose-able. (I think I got rid of the wrist bracers because I found them ugly at the time lol)

I just picked up a second Wasp on eBay for a really good deal. I’ll be able to use the HS now and part out the extra pieces I won’t be using. I’ll post pics once I get her in hand but it will probably be next month with all the shipping delays.

Well which is it, the photo or 80 degrees? Cause the angle in the diagram isn't actually 80 degrees (50 maybe?), but that promo image could be bent to about 80 degrees. I just bent my figure to not quite 90 but close, 80 seems plausible, and it held that position. Like all the rubber suits I wouldn't leave it like that for long, but does it.

Back