1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 301 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch Figure (full pics/specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch Figure discussion

I'm ok with Thor next (he's my favorite Avenger) and than the twins. Speaking of twins...

sBLLuDB.jpg

New promo pic of Scarlet Witch on some bottlecaps.. :lol (Love the pic though)

lMP1U9w.jpg

They are pretty kool :)

...Dat' twins pic though: :naughty

She looked fantastic at the Comic Con :lecture

elizabeth-olsen-avengers-age-of-ultron-press-line-panel-at-comic-con-in-san-diego_3.jpg

As has been noted, I think we have a while before she's announced / revealed - But really high hopes on this one!
- Really hope the sculpt on this turns out great. :panic:

They are pretty kool :)

...Dat' twins pic though: :naughty

She looked fantastic at the Comic Con :lecture

View attachment 174909

As has been noted, I think we have a while before she's announced / revealed - But really high hopes on this one!
- Really hope the sculpt on this turns out great. :panic:

Yeah I need a good looking Elizabeth Olsen in my house :lol
elizabeth-olsen-in-marie-claire-magazine-may-2014-issue_2.jpg

Am I the only one worried about this description of Wanda's powers? Like...these aren't Wanda's powers AT ALL. XD

New characters entering the Marvel Cinematic Universe from the comic book world are Wanda (Scarlet Witch) and Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver), who have powers that have not yet been seen on screen. Pietro is lightning fast and Wanda possesses the power of telekinesis, and she is able to fire neurons in people’s brains remotely using her powers and as a result can manipulate their minds.

Am I the only one worried about this description of Wanda's powers? Like...these aren't Wanda's powers AT ALL. XD

New characters entering the Marvel Cinematic Universe from the comic book world are Wanda (Scarlet Witch) and Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver), who have powers that have not yet been seen on screen. Pietro is lightning fast and Wanda possesses the power of telekinesis, and she is able to fire neurons in people’s brains remotely using her powers and as a result can manipulate their minds.

In all honesty no :lol

Sure they are, if Wanda is secretly Jean Grey. :)

Yeah I was about to say. It seems like Joss in a way turned Wanda into Jean.

I wonder how much of it was Joss and how much was Marvel, but hex bolts aren't exactly "marketable" (or easily CGI-able) powers. You probably couldn't even convince little kids that it's a cool power. "I just hexed your repulsor blast and turned into a frog." Actually, that does sound kinda cool.

Still, I get why the mental manipulation power could be a big plot point, but outside of mutants, there aren't really any telepaths/illusionists in the Marvel universe, so I can see why they made Wanda into Jean. That said, I'm going to be quite sad if Wanda is a better Jean Grey than what we get in the next X-movie.

I just would've at least hoped that they had her probability altering in a small form like she had when she was first introduced. It wasn't much but there could be a chance that she could make a gun jam or even make Ultron short circuit. She only seemed to be able to alter reality when she was emotionally unstable. If the description is true, I actually really really hope that the rumors of Wanda appearing in Doctor Strange are true now so she could get some training in chaos magic. To me though, it's her powers that really make her the Scarlet Witch. What's a witch without magic and hexes, you know?

I just would've at least hoped that they had her probability altering in a small form like she had when she was first introduced. It wasn't much but there could be a chance that she could make a gun jam or even make Ultron short circuit. She only seemed to be able to alter reality when she was emotionally unstable. If the description is true, I actually really really hope that the rumors of Wanda appearing in Doctor Strange are true now so she could get some training in chaos magic. To me though, it's her powers that really make her the Scarlet Witch. What's a witch without magic and hexes, you know?

I've actually never really associated her with magic (despite the witch moniker), just the probability altering power, which seemed to be able to do all sorts of things from what I remember (almost like magic sometimes... though I could be combining/confusing the two powers). If she does tie into Doctor Strange though, that would be pretty cool. I'm all for anything that gets her closer to her power set from the comics.

I didn't know that about Wanda's powers.... That kinda sucks. Altering the look of a character is one thing, altering the way this character's powers work (or what they truly are even, in that instance) is something else. Even if there are marketing or plot related justifications.:ohbfrank:

Back