1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3x1hr5.jpg

Thats for when your sick, scared for the safety of my MIB collection is not sick :lol

I think the reason why Hot Toys opted for a darker blonde look for Thor TDW is because he's supposed to have wet and sweaty hair. I so prefer this HS over the AoU figure... it has more life to it.

The only part I don't like about the figure is the upper arms get scratched with the hard plastic body when you try to pose it. Anyone who knows how to remedy this? Vaseline, maybe?

Attached photos of my Thor and his scratched arms.

2015-06-20_12-55-50 copy.jpg

2015-06-20_12-56-28 copy.jpg

I think the reason why Hot Toys opted for a darker blonde look for Thor TDW is because he's supposed to have wet and sweaty hair. I so prefer this HS over the AoU figure... it has more life to it.

The only part I don't like about the figure is the upper arms get scratched with the hard plastic body when you try to pose it. Anyone who knows how to remedy this? Vaseline, maybe?

Attached photos of my Thor and his scratched arms.

View attachment 192025

View attachment 192026
It's soft PVC rubber torso... though rubbing against it and the exterior armor has caused the peeling

Exposed joints and the alternative arm cracking add to the reasons why I like fully clothed figs.... Commando John Matrix will be my first exposed arms from Hot Toys...
That's exactly why I pulled the trigger on AOU Hawleye.

As much as I looooove Commando ... I dunno, I wish that figure could've been more jacked ha

That's exactly why I pulled the trigger on AOU Hawleye.

As much as I looooove Commando ... I dunno, I wish that figure could've been more jacked ha

That, and it's amazing how much the progression of one Phase of MCU movies has improved the actor likenesses... the Avengers fig looks pretty dated now.. :hi5:

I'll need Hawkeye because he is the only one of the original MCU Avengers lineup I won't have... I need him for that alone lol..

That, and it's amazing how much the progression of one Phase of MCU movies has improved the actor likenesses... the Avengers fig looks pretty dated now.. :hi5:

I'll need Hawkeye because he is the only one of the original MCU Avengers lineup I won't have... I need him for that alone lol..
Ha yup that too! I hope it gets an early release like Widow.

For those who have Thor's arm paint chipped, particularly the armpit joint, try using petroleum jelly. I tried it on mine and it was able to get rid of the gritty mess. You can see the color difference of the paint and the actual rubber which is a lighter flesh tone, but I can live with that. Also, it made the rubber arms less sticky. Overall, I'm still happy with my Thor, he's the sexiest version released so far.

Exposed joints and the alternative arm cracking add to the reasons why I like fully clothed figs.... Commando John Matrix will be my first exposed arms from Hot Toys...

I much prefer clothed figures or figures that have something to cover the joints(AOU Hawkeye or AOU Scarlet Witch) that way we can avoid the mess that is HT poor quality rubber and can also pose them how we like without having them look ugly

Mine so far looks fine. Ofcourse I don't really move those elbows & it never gets exposed to sunlight/ dust in my basement.

Back