1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you find it so hard, I'm going to ask you, what are you favorites in your collection? :lol

No but seriously, what are they? :)

That's unfortunate you had to sell off Jor-El. Even though I understand why he wasn't, I'm disappointed he wasn't a better selling figure. I think he's a very underrated figure, as the suit is very detailed and very ornate, and I think the Russell Crowe headsculpt is one of the best headsculpts HT has produced. Not to mention I think RC made for a great Jor-El. I was very excited and pleased when it was announced that he would be portraying Jor-El in MoS. Even before that announcement, if someone were to ask me who I thought would make a great Jor-El, it would have been RC. He has that great "wise man" type wisdom and voice to him. The way he delivered the whole quote of, "You will give the people of Earth, an ideal to strive towards....etc." was very goosebump inducing.

I really liked RC as Jor-El as well. It seems his conscience was destroyed in MoS, but I would love for him to be able to return to be that guide for Superman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really liked RC as Jor-El as well. It seems his conscience was destroyed in MoS, but I would love for him to be able to return to be that guide for Superman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was thinking that as well. In BvS, it would appear that Superman won't have a Fortress of Solitude (being that the scout ship was his makeshift one) and he also won't have Jor-El's holographic conscience to turn to for guidance, being that presumably Supes's command key was still in his craft when it got sucked into the Phantom Zone.

A friend of mine helped me mod Thors head into the first movie's helmet. I think it looks absolutely sick now!
thorhelmet1.jpeg

I am assuming that "modding Thor's head" means cutting it down to the point it can't be used without the helmet? Is the helmet still removable so you can pose it in his hands with a different head? I am thinking about getting the AOU version of the figure - it looks almost the same. I wonder if I pick up an DW Thor figure head off ebay if it will fit the AOU figure so I can do a mod like this too?

Awesome pictures!

And yes, many headsculpts are interchangeable with various figures. I don't see why a DW head wouldn't fit on an AoU Thor.

Awesome pictures!

And yes, many headsculpts are interchangeable with various figures. I don't see why a DW head wouldn't fit on an AoU Thor.

Is it hard to remove and swap out without damaging the neck or the figure?

That's a great mod with the helmet! I hope we see more helmet action in Ragnarok.

I am assuming that "modding Thor's head" means cutting it down to the point it can't be used without the helmet? Is the helmet still removable so you can pose it in his hands with a different head? I am thinking about getting the AOU version of the figure - it looks almost the same. I wonder if I pick up an DW Thor figure head off ebay if it will fit the AOU figure so I can do a mod like this too?

Wish we could see the parts dremeled down, i feel like i would over do it

I don't think it'd be hard to do at all, just need a sharp blade. I would want to see the modded head first, to know how much and exactly where to cut away.

Back