1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm, trying to decide if I want to get on the wait list for this or not. The regular TDW version just doesn't do it for me and neither does loki. But I have been wanting a sleeveless thor ever since the avengers.

I couldn't even find a place to get on the wait list.

I took the plunge. I have never done the waitlist before. So do they charge if they have one in hand to ship to you or is it if they know they will have enough coming in a shipment to cover your order?

I took the plunge. I have never done the waitlist before. So do they charge if they have one in hand to ship to you or is it if they know they will have enough coming in a shipment to cover your order?

First, odds are the waitlist will convert before this figure even ships, its just that far off and there will be many people canceling their orders for some reason or another before it comes out. Either way you'll get an email saying your waitlist reservation has converted when there is an available figure or pre-order spot for you, but it is kind of an early warning email and you'll have a few days to either do nothing, and the order will go live, or you can cancel it if you've changed your mind. After a few days pass the order will become a real order, if the figure is already out you'll be charged and it will ship, if not you'll just have an active pre-order and you aren't charged until it ships out (you'll get another warning email that orders are starting to be charged a few days in advance when the figure is being released). This figure doesn't have an NRD, but if it did you'd get charged for the NRD when the order becomes a live pre-order, but the balance only is charged when the item is shipping. Also if you waitlist something with an NRD, you don't get charged the NRD unless the waitlist converts so it doesn't cost you anything to get on the list, even though the ordering screen leaves this kind of ambiguous.

PO'ing this figure was for me a no brainer. The head sculpt is the best we've seen thus far for Hemsworth and he's sleeveless. How could you lose!?

First, odds are the waitlist will convert before this figure even ships, its just that far off and there will be many people canceling their orders for some reason or another before it comes out. Either way you'll get an email saying your waitlist reservation has converted when there is an available figure or pre-order spot for you, but it is kind of an early warning email and you'll have a few days to either do nothing, and the order will go live, or you can cancel it if you've changed your mind. After a few days pass the order will become a real order, if the figure is already out you'll be charged and it will ship, if not you'll just have an active pre-order and you aren't charged until it ships out (you'll get another warning email that orders are starting to be charged a few days in advance when the figure is being released). This figure doesn't have an NRD, but if it did you'd get charged for the NRD when the order becomes a live pre-order, but the balance only is charged when the item is shipping. Also if you waitlist something with an NRD, you don't get charged the NRD unless the waitlist converts so it doesn't cost you anything to get on the list, even though the ordering screen leaves this kind of ambiguous.

He's basically saying, if you're even considering this figure, get on the waitlist! LOL You can't lose in this situation. Only if you are 100% certain that you don't want this version, then there's no reason in getting on the waitlist.

Thanks ROCBOLT, like I said I had no experience with the waitlist system and your info helps a lot. Sooo glad I decided to get on the waitlist. I was planning on getting him anyway, but was surprised to see it on the waitlist before it even came out!!!

Trying to decide if I want this figure or not myself. I like the look but can't decide if I'm a big enough Thor fan to justify the purchase. Might get on the wait list just in case as I prefer this one to the fully armored version.

I'm in the same boat with both the Thor figures, I'm not sure I want more than 1 Thor in my collection since I have my Avengers version displayed with the rest of the team. I put both on preorder with the hopes that the DK Loki would look equally as stunning, but we all know how that's looking. Better to get in early at retail cost than pay more later. :lecture

I put myself on the waitlist for this last night. I wasn't impressed originally when I saw the armored version. Then when they announced the Asgardian Light Armor version, I have to admit I scoffed at it.

After watching Thor 2 a second time (bought the blu-ray) and stumbling into this thread I really started to like this version of Thor. Comparing this and the fully armored version, something about the latter just doesn't look as appealing to me. Maybe it's because when something gets tagged as limited or exclusive I feel like I'm wearing beer goggles when I look at it?

I only wish that Loki looked nearly as good to me. Maybe if they do a short-sleeved version I'll like it better? :lol

REALLY hoping we get Sif, but that seems like a pipe dream right about now.

I put myself on the waitlist for this last night. I wasn't impressed originally when I saw the armored version. Then when they announced the Asgardian Light Armor version, I have to admit I scoffed at it.

After watching Thor 2 a second time (bought the blu-ray) and stumbling into this thread I really started to like this version of Thor. Comparing this and the fully armored version, something about the latter just doesn't look as appealing to me. Maybe it's because when something gets tagged as limited or exclusive I feel like I'm wearing beer goggles when I look at it?

I only wish that Loki looked nearly as good to me. Maybe if they do a short-sleeved version I'll like it better? :lol

REALLY hoping we get Sif, but that seems like a pipe dream right about now.

I was hoping when Sif appeared in AoS that we would get her, but now I'm not too sure...

but for this Thor movie, I enjoyed it so much I had to get both variants

Hope the final product turns out just like the prototype pictures or better. Watch them mess up on it like they did with wolverine.

I was hoping when Sif appeared in AoS that we would get her, but now I'm not too sure...

but for this Thor movie, I enjoyed it so much I had to get both variants

When did she appear? I don't watch the show, but I would like to see the episode just to see Jaime Alexander :wink1:

Waitlist conversion! :yess: Hmm.. tempted to get Loki as well..

images

Back