1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Stayed on the fence too long and now I'm on the wait list, all I can do is hope now.

No clue which of these figures I want.. I want to join the waitlist for the sleeveless version, but with cap and black widow coming the same month (hopefully), idk.. And also the big one the following month (Batman armory with Alfred & Bruce)

I have the exact same purchases coming up. Hopefully they end up arriving on different months. I ended up jumping on the waitlist for this version of Thor since I ended up liking the look more and am attracted to the more limited availability.

I'm on the fence about cancelling mine...not sure that I really need a third Thor just because it has no sleeves.
The head sculpt is nice but head play will bang them out as soon as its released.

I have a modified sleeveless Thor v1 with custom T800 arms and I figured that shelling out $300 (with shipping and customs) is an unnecessary overkill. He looks awesome, but so will the Thor from Avengers 2, Thor 3 and Avengers 3. I might as well enjoy the one I have and get the last Thor made by HT for the update.

I have a modified sleeveless Thor v1 with custom T800 arms and I figured that shelling out $300 (with shipping and customs) is an unnecessary overkill. He looks awesome, but so will the Thor from Avengers 2, Thor 3 and Avengers 3. I might as well enjoy the one I have and get the last Thor made by HT for the update.
Oh well that makes sense then!

I just used this month's code to order the regular armored version. I have tried to fight mh geekier impulses, and stay away from the Avengers figs. I'm a DC guy at heart. But I ordered Cap from WS, and that just opened Pandora's Box. I like the look of this guy. Best sculpt of Hemsworth yet. I'll wait till Avegers 2 to get the rest of the team.

I just used this month's code to order the regular armored version. I have tried to fight mh geekier impulses, and stay away from the Avengers figs. I'm a DC guy at heart. But I ordered Cap from WS, and that just opened Pandora's Box. I like the look of this guy. Best sculpt of Hemsworth yet. I'll wait till Avegers 2 to get the rest of the team.

Polar opposite, I am a Marvel guy with the full Avengers line up....I am trying to stay away from 66 Batman and Robin :lol

I know what you mean. I'm a DC guy too, specifically Batman. Now I've suddenly got a Tony Stark (The Mechanic version) and Wolverine from The Wolverine. I've also got the Mark XLII from Iron Man 3 and Black Widow from Captain America: The Winter Soldier pre-ordered. I'm contemplating a Thor, Iron Patriot, and will probably end up ordering a Captain America (most likely the stealth suit and Steve Rogers two pack). Damn this hobby. :lol I do feel like with Marvel characters though that most of them for me will be one and done purchases and I don't need multiple versions of the characters with exception to Iron Man as I'll likely end up with a couple armors and possibly Wolverine since I like the character. I also haven't really felt the urge to buy any of the Marvel villains thus far.

I know what you mean. I'm a DC guy too, specifically Batman. Now I've suddenly got a Tony Stark (The Mechanic version) and Wolverine from The Wolverine. I've also got the Mark XLII from Iron Man 3 and Black Widow from Captain America: The Winter Soldier pre-ordered. I'm contemplating a Thor, Iron Patriot, and will probably end up ordering a Captain America (most likely the stealth suit and Steve Rogers two pack). Damn this hobby. :lol I do feel like with Marvel characters though that most of them for me will be one and done purchases and I don't need multiple versions of the characters with exception to Iron Man as I'll likely end up with a couple armors and possibly Wolverine since I like the character. I also haven't really felt the urge to buy any of the Marvel villains thus far.

I've ordered The Wolverine, pre ordered this guy, Winter Soldier, and I will probably invest in the Cap 2 pack and Falcon. But I will be all in when they start doing Justice League figures. I'm a Batman guy myself too. I missed out on some of the earlier TDKT figures. But I got the DX11 & 12. Now im just waiting to see Affleck's suit. But in the mean time, I guess I'm expanding into the Marvelverse.

Me too. Pre-ordered the Mark XLII, Thor, Lori, and BW. Will also probably pick up Falcon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me, and it branched off to the Terminator/Robocop line as well. I think I'm gonna keep my Iron Man collection to the 6 that I will have (Mk7, WM Mk1, Mechanic, Tony custom, Mk42, IP), might even sell off IP if I can live with Mk 42 alone. TDKT and Cap will be my focuses. Chris Reeve Superman stands alone, might get a Predator if they re-release the classic, but hoping to stay with just those. I have armor Thor pre-ordered, so I'm worried that'll cause me to expand into A2:AOU... It's crazy, it just NEVER stops... LOL

Just got an email from sideshow saying my waitlist converted. It says it will ship shortly after April 7th. Did this get pushed up that much? Original ship date is September.

Back