1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the same boat with both the Thor figures, I'm not sure I want more than 1 Thor in my collection since I have my Avengers version displayed with the rest of the team. I put both on preorder with the hopes that the DK Loki would look equally as stunning, but we all know how that's looking. Better to get in early at retail cost than pay more later. :lecture
I'm just not sure I want the full Avengers team or not. I like all the characters but don't own any of them yet other than The Mechanic Tony Stark and I have the Mark XLII on pre-order. I'm probably going to order the Black Widow from The Winter Soldier as well. I do like this version of Thor but I almost feel like if I get those three that I should get the rest of the characters eventually too :lol Not sure I'm a big enough fan of Captain America, Hawkeye, and Hulk to want figures of those three though. Plus as it stands my Avengers team is going to a mix of a bunch of different versions from different films. If I get them all though they're the kinds of characters that I feel like I only need one version of each (except maybe Iron Man I may get a couple different armors).

I'm just not sure I want the full Avengers team or not. I like all the characters but don't own any of them yet other than The Mechanic Tony Stark and I have the Mark XLII on pre-order. I'm probably going to order the Black Widow from The Winter Soldier as well. I do like this version of Thor but I almost feel like if I get those three that I should get the rest of the characters eventually too :lol Not sure I'm a big enough fan of Captain America, Hawkeye, and Hulk to want figures of those three though. Plus as it stands my Avengers team is going to a mix of a bunch of different versions from different films. If I get them all though they're the kinds of characters that I feel like I only need one version of each (except maybe Iron Man I may get a couple different armors).

You're probably better off waiting for the next Avengers film then. Trying to piece the team together now is going to cost a lot, and since you're not a big fan of half the team :lol wasting the money doesn't make too much sense.

I have 5 of the avengers releases Hawkeye, hulk, cap, mark vi promo and Thor. However if I like a newer version better I'll buy it and sell the older avengers version. I am buying this version of Thor because I really like it and don't see them doing another sleeveless version for avengers 2 or Thor 3. Its not a big deal too me if my avengers team (display) isnt "movie accurate", this Thor will replace my avengers Thor in my display. I'll do the same with the winter soldier cap as well if I like it better then the avengers version. If your not 100% sure waiting is cool but selling older versions is always an option.

You're probably better off waiting for the next Avengers film then. Trying to piece the team together now is going to cost a lot, and since you're not a big fan of half the team :lol wasting the money doesn't make too much sense.
Well to be truthful it doesn't much matter to me whether or not the characters are all from the same film or not. I just go off the looks I like (granted I may like the way some of the characters look in Age of Ultron). It's more just if I want the other half the team or not. I like the other three characters I just like Iron Man, Thor, and Black Widow the best. I wouldn't even try piecing together the team from The Avengers at this point. I know all those figures are pretty hard to come by unless you're willing to pay.

I try to at least get a couple figures to represent each movie. Some I only have 1 and others I get a little crazy as I got the full Avengers offering. I just bought Odin from the first Thor and only want this figure from Dark World so I guess they can keep each other company. :hi5:

Yeah I saw a picture of the figure on Hot Toy's banner, but I had no idea people could purchase it already considering the september release date

Where are all the pics from this fair? Is the figure actually available or just available to pre-order at the convention?

The pictures are from Hot Toy's site

fair pic 1.jpg

fair pic 2.jpg

fair pic 3.jpg

MILK Tony.jpg

Idk if they are selling him there but it sounded like that was what someone posted. Trying to figure it out myself.

I love how the banner says "Craftmanship - Excellence" and they show the Avengers Black Widow sculpt and not the newer one :rotfl

I love how the banner says "Craftmanship - Excellence" and they show the Avengers Black Widow sculpt and not the newer one :rotfl

To be fair, the BW proto pics might not have been available before they got those banners made up.
The "newest" figure on them is Cowboy Tony. And his pics came out months back.
They likely have Cap and Widow on there because of the tie-in with TWS.

To be fair, the BW proto pics might not have been available before they got those banners made up.
The "newest" figure on them is Cowboy Tony. And his pics came out months back.
They likely have Cap and Widow on there because of the tie-in with TWS.
Not buying what you're selling! :lol

Back