1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Angry Jack Black"

902110-general-zod-015.jpg

OMG :lol it does somewhat look like Jack Black! Still looks more like angry Shannon though!

Not a Thor fan but what a great release. Definitely agree with those saying this one of HT's finest likenesses and love what they did with Thor's hair. Looks really cool.

Like the fact that there's two versions so fans of either look (or both) can get what they want (also think it was the way to go w/T2 Arnold and the upcoming RoboCop).

There was a time when we only buy doubles of figures with 2 headsculpts. Now it's just about sleeves.. :monkey2

:lol

Works for me :rotfl

:lol :rotfl :lol

For the diecast they're using PVC for the codpiece, so there will be no fading but no Mark VII on the horizon, as far as I know. Sounds like they're reconsidering the diecast line, but hopefully all future releases use the PVC, regardless of medium.

And you're into Avengers, now? :lol

Mean that light-heartedly, btw, just thinking about your comments in the T2 DX-13 thread in regards to getting out of collecting once you'd mopped up a license or two. Avengers ought to keep you busy for the next few years. :lol

Ah thanks. Well if they solve the fading issue I'll be down for an MMS release then.

I've liked Avengers since day one and watched that film many times since. I then rewatched a few of the standalone films and enjoyed them.
I'll just being buying one of each principle hero, possibly some of the lessers and a Loki.

You're remembering correctly though, I did rule them out at one point. The reason I'm succumbing is because I know the temptation will nag at me whenever I watch these films, why torture myself. The expense won't be huge as long as I operate on a one of each character basis. If a better one comes along sell the old one etc.

They're both brownhaired Caucasian males; there the resemblance ends. Sorry, not seeing it.

In other news, Thor..... meh. He is not making my heart face - either version - so am probably going to pass.

What? :dunno

so the consensus is the light armor version is preferred?

I actually prefer the regular version, but I've ordered both A- because I thought the Light Armour version would limited and desirable a bit like the Battle Damaged Mrk VII (which it clearly isn't) and B- a sleeveless version is something we haven't had before

If I had a gun to my head and could only have one though like I say i'd go for the regular version :)

Has anyone commented on the stand? specifically the stick that holds the character in place

isn't it normally a clear tube? this appears to be a twisty pipe, that should open up pose options

Back