1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like visible joints so none of these new Thors will be on my shopping list.

So you're pretty hardcore on the joints thing. While much to my delight you posted against ball-joint heads in the NECA Predator thread (because I too hate that particular joint) I'm surprised you'd pass on Thor here on account of visible joints - the shoulder/armpit area is the only place where they're seen on this guy. Long hair covers the head/neck separation and everything else is clothed.

The shoulder area is really that big a deal? It frustrates me when I complain about ball joint heads and people dismiss me and tell me to buy statues. But in this case I wouldn't blame them. To want no visible joints at all on an action figure doesn't seem to make much sense. You really are in statue territory there.

So you're pretty hardcore on the joints thing. While much to my delight you posted against ball-joint heads in the NECA Predator thread (because I too hate that particular joint) I'm surprised you'd pass on Thor here on account of visible joints - the shoulder/armpit area is the only place where they're seen on this guy. Long hair covers the head/neck separation and everything else is clothed.

The shoulder area is really that big a deal? It frustrates me when I complain about ball joint heads and people dismiss me and tell me to buy statues. But in this case I wouldn't blame them. To want no visible joints at all on an action figure doesn't seem to make much sense. You really are in statue territory there.

Yeah I dislike the visible joints a lot. That is the reason I don't have any of the Hot Toys Predators. There are enough figures without visible joints that I can focus on. Of course if its a Iron Man type figure its ok for the joints to be visible.

As far as statues...I am new to collecting so I have space now but I know down the road I will have a problem storing the giant statue boxes. I am trying to prevent the problem before it becomes a problem. That means I will mostly collect hot toys.

There are enough figures without visible joints that I can focus on.

Are there? I wouldn't have thought. I mean even if its a figure where the outfit hides every other joint most figures are given ball-joint heads now.

Seems to me if I hated every joint as much as I hate ball-joint heads I wouldn't be buying many figures at all.

So the local dealer some fellow collectors complained about for doing bad business concerning EX figures does it again. Posted this version up for PO at SRP along with the regular version and unsurprisingly Light Armored version got the most inquiries. Visited their store and asked for a slot and I was told that they're holding off orders as the price posted was wrong and they're still waiting word from their boss as the EX would cost much higher than posted (and I'm sure much higher than the regular).

I wanted this version more, not because it's an EX but because it's closer to how Thor looked in comics before Coipel came up with the chain-mail armor in mid-2000's. I might just order this through SSC and have it delivered to my brother who lives in the US.

Just curious, for those who have seen the film, are his sleeveless scenes short or about the same as in The Avengers or more?

I would've preferred visible elbow joints on this guy as opposed to what they went with. I've had issues with many of Hot Toys previous attempts at seamless articulation and would much prefer to be able to pose my figure's arm without worry about it cracking or tearing. For me now, a figure with seamless articulation means that I won't be using the articulation on that joint at all. That's what I did with Hulk and Ada Wong. That's what I'll do with this Thor as well.

I had to order the EX and regular version. I couldn't resist. The figures look amazing and the seamless arms on the EX doesn't bother me too much. My previous figures that have the seamless arms are still holding up even when posed or arms bent. I guess I better knock on wood for saying that now. :lol

So the local dealer some fellow collectors complained about for doing bad business concerning EX figures does it again. Posted this version up for PO at SRP along with the regular version and unsurprisingly Light Armored version got the most inquiries. Visited their store and asked for a slot and I was told that they're holding off orders as the price posted was wrong and they're still waiting word from their boss as the EX would cost much higher than posted (and I'm sure much higher than the regular).

I wanted this version more, not because it's an EX but because it's closer to how Thor looked in comics before Coipel came up with the chain-mail armor in mid-2000's. I might just order this through SSC and have it delivered to my brother who lives in the US.

WOW! So glad to know I'm not the only one frustrated by that store....

Don't wait up bud! I already secured my PO at SS Toy Store and save me the scalping over the other store... :pfft:

Btw, where is that discussion about TE going on?
I wanna join in the fun. :monkey3

Last edited:
Actually if you don't pay that much close attention to detail,
you wont notice Thor didn't have them at a certain point. LOL

Unlike Avengers, there won't be a scene where the chainmail
pieces come to him a la comic extremis armor.

WOW! So glad to know I'm not the only one frustrated by that store....

Don't wait up bud! I already secured my PO at SS Toy Store and save me the scalping over the other store... :pfft:

Btw, where is that discussion about TE going on?
I wanna join in the fun. :monkey3

Aw, man! I was just there yesterday -- should have placed my PO then! I hope they'd still have slots by next weekend.

Will send you PM regarding the other shop. Thanks for the info re: SS Toy Store, man!

Ex or fail! :lecture

996646_544548882286316_1383182066_n.jpg

ermmm, i'd say less exposure in T:TDW than the Avengers, you've got that entire Iron Man V Thor fight in Avengers and the Hulk fight etc

Actually if you don't pay that much close attention to detail,
you wont notice Thor didn't have them at a certain point. LOL

Unlike Avengers, there won't be a scene where the chainmail
pieces come to him a la comic extremis armor.

Cool, thanks!

Is that the same shot with a white background? Still looks fantastic!

Most likely :lol I'm really disappointed that On.cc has been going this route with the latest figures.

I always wanted the alternative perspective they used to show us of new figures.
..those overly bright lighting exposing the details and all that.

Seems now they're just content with photoshopping the promo pics.

Just curious, for those who have seen the film, are his sleeveless scenes short or about the same as in The Avengers or more?

When he fights Hulk in The Avengers, he is sleeveless. The scenes may not be as long as you like , but they have great impact! I like 'em!

Back