Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoL I see it like this, if they do a good job with the character/story, you shouldn't get mad at it at all. Afterall, Hugh Jackman is Australian and Wolverine is Canadian. Don't hear any Canadians complaining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha are they really? I haven't heard anyone complaining about him except die hard X-Men 100% needs to be like the comics fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's dealing with a history of discrimination. Canadians and Australians are both technically white, and don't have the same history of slavery, lynching, significant discrimination etc. If you're an ethnic minority and you never see people of your ethnicity in movies, and then the few parts that are either played by white actors or are semi insulting stereotypes it's an issue

As a white person in America it's different. I'm part Canadian too, and having white Hugh jackman play a white Canadian it's a non-isse

More on blackface https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface

Last comment and then I'm shutting the hell up, since this isn't really my fight... although reading other people's comments I'm pretty impressed how open minded everybody is about this.

I think it's hard to really relate or understand any of these racial issues without having lived as an ethnic minority and experienced them first hand growing up.

I'm lucky to have grown up with a lot of different kinds of people so I've gained some insight into their experiences by proxy. But I have no gay friends (that I know of) and I'm still like "why's everybody getting pissed off about people saying f a g? Everybody says it." It's just hard to get that perspective.

Trying to get back on topic...anybody hear anything about the figure getting moved up to April? Thought I heard some rumblings about other figs

This has got to be one of the easiest figure to make compared to everything that's announced in 2013. Come on!

This has got to be one of the easiest figure to make compared to everything that's announced in 2013. Come on!

The headsculpt looks to be the only thing about this figure. A Black Suit/Tie is a dime a dozen on ebay cheap and the katana from Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow works just fine. The body looks like the same for Hawkeye?

Back