Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO!!! Yeah. It does have a girly disposition. I've just never heard one referenced as a vest. "Wife beater" would be more appropriate.

For a married man just cant type that "wife beater " thing ... Ofcourse without myself wearing a helmet! Lol...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Relax- it will be adjusted as far as the body...HT will come throgh. HS is incredible so they better not mess it up!

Interesting i never read that... But i always called it a vest... And what women wear a tank top...

Was there a Sideshow exclusive with this one that i missed and sold out. I could have sworn i saw something about that but maybe i'm confused.

Going to place my order today, this is just too good to pass up. That head sculpt is incredible.

I'm going down the route of buying this fig from an eBay seller in Hong Kong, so I don't have to wait months for the UK retailers to get him in. Still waiting on Catwoman from OSB. :impatient::gah::mad:

Interesting i never read that... But i always called it a vest... And what women wear a tank top...

Yeah. I guess that does sound better. I've heard it called a muscle shirt as well but vest I guess is easier.

Yeah. I guess that does sound better. I've heard it called a muscle shirt as well but vest I guess is easier.

I never ever heard it referred to as a vest until I started collecting lol.

To me it's freaking bizarre to call it a vest. I've always called it an undershirt or a muscle shrt.

If this is a vest then what's the third part to a three piece suit? To me this is a vest or a waistcoat.

It's bizarre to call the third part to a three piece suit a vest.

Naughty Americans and their perversion of the English language. :thwak

:wink1:

It's funny, though, discovering English words whose usage makes no sense to our friends abroad. To me an American vest is part of a cowboy's attire, but also over here it's naturally the thing that keeps you warm under your shirt.

Sometimes, knowing I'm probably addressing more Americans than any other nationality on a forum I'll just write trunk instead of boot, or hood instead of bonnet. Probably what comes from digesting a heavy diet of American made films. Whereas for Americans there aren't so many British films to digest.

Recently watched the Australian series Underbelly, and discovered new uses for the English language - such as 'Jacks' for police.

According to a Wiki page it's also a UK term, though I never heard it used here before.

"A common term used for police in the UK and Australia, derived from "John Darme" a joking Anglicization of "gendarme" (French for police officer) and then - per common usage - John becomes Jack (or, in this case, the plural "Jacks")."

Over here we'd call them Bobbies, coppers, Rozzers, something pork related, or if they've really annoyed you, The Filth! Never, to my knowledge 'Jacks'.

Back to Wolverine. I was considering displaying the one of them without his vest!

hugh-jackman-wolverine.jpg

hair03.jpg

I never ever heard it referred to as a vest until I started collecting lol.

To me it's freaking bizarre to call it a vest. I've always called it an undershirt or a muscle shrt.

If this is a vest then what's the third part to a three piece suit? To me this is a vest or a waistcoat.

I think most countried always called it a vest. Anything sleevless typically for men was called a vest. Also, britishers adopted these when they went to asian countries, it was not a norm to wear these much back then. The term tank top came into existence when women would wear something like a this (women version) in the swim tank in britain. So, typically tank top to me is a very girly name. Vest sounds short and apt otherwise. But who knew one thing could be called so many different names!

Last edited:
Side pose is missing the mark for me on this. At least in the pic you shared. I think front facing and the head tilted a bit down would be the way to go in order to get get the best likeness out of this one.

Side pose is missing the mark for me on this. At least in the pic you shared. I think front facing and the head tilted a bit down would be the way to go in order to get get the best likeness out of this one.

There's a page of pics of the older Wolverine going topless here!

Back