Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its because of the light source coming from underneath. Its a shadow.

I did know it was a shadow, but in these shots and the in-store shots, the shading is really doing a number on the guy liner, the likes of which I have not seen since…Indy! dun dun DUN!

Seriously though. The fact that they eyes react THAT strongly to lighting is unusual to say the least. Most HT figures don't come across that way in the early photo shoots. The only other one that comes to mind is Indy, and we all know how that turned out...

Must resist buying two ............awesome fig

As nice as the suit looks that to me isn't Wolverine (it's not even all that stand out from the actual film either) so for me it's the jeans and vest look all the way (probably with the bone claws as my Last Stand figure has the adamantium look)

I did know it was a shadow, but in these shots and the in-store shots, the shading is really doing a number on the guy liner, the likes of which I have not seen since…Indy! dun dun DUN!

Seriously though. The fact that they eyes react THAT strongly to lighting is unusual to say the least. Most HT figures don't come across that way in the early photo shoots. The only other one that comes to mind is Indy, and we all know how that turned out...

Both these and the instore shots have a light source from underneath.
Luke was that way with some of the early pics. Just means the eyes are set a little deeper then normal. Also could be the pose.
Now just to make sure I am clear, the eye on our right side of the above picture is the one I'm referring to. If people think the one on the left is bad, then that is indeed the paint work.

Both these and the instore shots have a light source from underneath.
Luke was that way with some of the early pics. Just means the eyes are set a little deeper then normal. Also could be the pose.
Now just to make sure I am clear, the eye on our right side of the above picture is the one I'm referring to. If people think the one on the left is bad, then that is indeed the paint work.

You're right, I do remember Luke having the same problem in the in-store pics. You're probably right that the eyes are set too deep.

As nice as the suit looks that to me isn't Wolverine (it's not even all that stand out from the actual film either) so for me it's the jeans and vest look all the way (probably with the bone claws as my Last Stand figure has the adamantium look)

I agree sort of. I liked the suit look in the film. I agree Wolverine is jeans etc. which is why I'd consider buying two capturing both looks. Then rational thought took over. I have XMO for the jeans look.....

Wait, so are the second pair of pants brown or black? They look black in the official pics, but in those pics^ they look brown.

Got a preorder in finally. Hopefully the outfit doesn't restrict articulation that much.

Back