Hot Toys - MMS 189 - SSC Ex The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson (Specs and Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics as always, VS!!! Thanks for posting them.

Nice POTUS custom Barry! He's got a bit of the high waters going on though :lol

Haha. I'll get it sorted.
I wasn't sure whether to use a TTM19 or a TTM22, not being sure of the president's build, but went with the skinny one on long pegs. Normally I would sew the shirt on underneath the groin to make sure it wouldn't ruck up when putting othe pants, but I didn't want to do that till I was sure the body looked fine.
I have him on an "Ada Wong" stand right now, but I have my decal guy making me up a couple of "seal of the president of the united states" logos and a couple of nameplates. One Barack Obama and one Josiah 'Jed' Bartlett.

I rearranged a couple of my figures yesterday to add a little humor to my display.

coulsonstark.jpg

From a local plastics distributor. I went in to buy some pieces for something else, and they had a box full of spare pieces. I think it cost $8.

HOT TOYS : Coulson needs backup maybe an Agent May and Agent Ward 2 Pack!!!!

We're going to Paley Fest in Hollywood on March 23rd for an Agents of SHIELD event. The whole cast is supposed to be there. I wonder if I go in my full Cap costume, if Clark Gregg will want MY autograph? ;)

I did a deal a few days back for a Coulson headsculpt, shades and earpiece from a member of the Facebook trading group.
Sitting at work today at a loose end, i took a DAM Toys body, a spare suit i got from a member here and the Coulson parts and cobbled together a figure.
The twist is that i spent half an hour adding a wire to the jacket lining and tie, so i can do windswept pics.
Forgive the map on the wall of my office.

59449B7A-E7EE-4213-ADF2-C3618B67651A.jpg

786EDADD-625F-4DDE-95B2-2D4CD2184EF8.jpg

4B2A15C0-3A0E-4F59-AF2B-EC230BEAD2FA.jpg

48D92EA9-202B-47D4-A02E-036DA056C6D9.jpg

3B680983-EF02-4F35-9D74-2446BB001D90.jpg

74FD7342-E127-4612-ACFD-1B1213847B5D.jpg

Love the wind swept look Bar, you guys are awesome with all your custom touches, I'd love to do that with lokis cape but I have no idea how I'd do it.
Seen a Coulson on eBay for about £150 delivered, was very tempted!!! But trying to put my money towards more iconic characters while I'm starting up ;)

Love the wind swept look Bar, you guys are awesome with all your custom touches, I'd love to do that with lokis cape but I have no idea how I'd do it.
Seen a Coulson on eBay for about £150 delivered, was very tempted!!! But trying to put my money towards more iconic characters while I'm starting up ;)

That makes perfect sense. But you can buy the head for £40. If you got a £10 body, and a £15 suit, you could throw a custom together for less than half the cost of a HT original.
I have about £65 worth of parts in that custom. And it will work for any character in a suit. I can just pop the head off any time.
And thanks for your kind words. At the moment, i am preferring it to my HT Coulson!
I am thinking of popping out to a local fabric seller and seeing if i can pick up some thin faux leather to make him a shoulder holster. Which in my mind was the one thing the HT figure was lacking.

Back