Hot Toys MMS 141 - Platoon - Sergeant Barnes official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why did the uniforms come out brown? I thought they were supposed to be green like the helmets?

In natural light the uniforms are green. In artificial light though they get a bit brown - I noticed that with Barnes. When I initially opened him during the day at work I thought his uniform was a lot greener than my Taylor figure's. Once I got it home though and compared them and I was using artificial light they both looked the same colour - not quite as green as they look during the day. Its a wierd one.

nice pics, tex! i need to order the cigarette pack for mine as well.

uni color can definitley vary depnding on light. overall though it is definitely not as green as some of my other vietnam era figures' uniforms.

should be getting my marlboros in any day now.......:yess: & hopefully the flak jacket as well........:yess::yess:

yea the uniform color change is a bit weird, all the straps, belts, gear, etc that are green are greener than the uniforms............but not as much as the pictures would lead you to believe. once you take pictures it looks like a world of difference...........but it's not in hand.........:cuckoo:

maybe its the fabric/dye combo......:dunno

Its the strangest thing how the uniforms seem to change color, but mainly in the pictures it looks different. In person its a thing of beauty if you ask me.

should be getting my marlboros in any day now.......:yess: & hopefully the flak jacket as well........:yess::yess:

yea the uniform color change is a bit weird, all the straps, belts, gear, etc that are green are greener than the uniforms............but not as much as the pictures would lead you to believe. once you take pictures it looks like a world of difference...........but it's not in hand.........:cuckoo:

maybe its the fabric/dye combo......:dunno

were did you get your flak jacket ???

Got my pack of smokes from onesixthscaleking.com

6130644e.png

haha, awesome idea dude! i think i'm going to purchase some packs too!

Kick-ass photos a-dev! I'm nearly broke buying the Hot Toys Bruce Lee, pre-ordering the Enterbay Bruce Lee, pre-ordering the Hot Toys Thor...I know I need to stop at one point, but I think I may have to pick this one up.

I like the depth of field you did on the photos with Barnes and Taylor.

Thanks everyone. The headsculpt really demands close-ups, ideally with the macro setting. Hard to keep still though and some pics come out blurred.

What this figure really needs is a photographer like Maulfan but I don't think hes into this line.

nice pics a-dev..........it's crazy how such a small item like a pack of cigarettes makes such a huge difference in the look of this figure..............but it really does.

Back