Hot Toys MMS 141 - Platoon - Sergeant Barnes official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine this morning and he is awesome. I put him together in about 45 minutes, the detail is just crazy how the clips for the pouches work like the real deal. I also noticed that the arms are painted so they are not shiney plastic like a regular truetype. Sorry I can't post pics yet.

Couple of other things I noticed is the helmet is metal and that he does not have a holster for the 1911 handgun. The head sclupt is just amazing and the uniform is as good as it gets. I want to got in the backyard and play with him but I think I'll just put him in the display case for now lol.

I want to got in the backyard and play with him but I think I'll just put him in the display case for now lol.

:lol totally. i was planning on taking pics today but constant rain for the last 12 hours.

no holster stinks but thank goodness i had a few from other vietnam figures.

Couple of other things I noticed is the helmet is metal and that he does not have a holster for the 1911 handgun. The head sclupt is just amazing and the uniform is as good as it gets. I want to got in the backyard and play with him but I think I'll just put him in the display case for now lol.

He had no holster for the 1911 in the movie ether just watched the other day he pulls it out of a pocket... I wondered why there wasnt one too... :wave

I put the handgun in he's belt but now I guess i'll put it in he's pocket if it fits lol. I'm very pleased with him overall and he looks great in the display case, now time for Elias hot toys!!!

I put the handgun in he's belt but now I guess i'll put it in he's pocket if it fits lol. I'm very pleased with him overall and he looks great in the display case, now time for Elias hot toys!!!

Yeah I put the gun in his belt for now. I first put it in the pocket of his pants, but the gun stuck out. I know its not movie accurate but I like the gun in the belt. Such an awesome headsculpt and the scars are perfect.

And yes bring on Elias :hi5:

yeah, anything else is just a bonus. great figure.

Still haven't done much with him, kinda have to psyche myself up to it, gather together the referance material etc However I think I've established for myself that Barnes will unfortunately not work with a Royce/Wolverine muscle body. The neck is too thick for the head. It ends up looking Giraffe-like.

good to know. will save me the time and money of tracking one down.

Last edited:
I thought it would work. You just imagine if it works for Adrien Brody (royce) it'll work for Tom Berenger but thats not how it is in action figure land. The Barnes sculpt looks pinheaded and giraffenecked on that body, it seems to have been designed specifically for a normal plastic truetype.

I also contemplated doing what TK0083 did - make him taller, but I don't know. I tried giving him the T2 T-800s extralong footpegs (I kinda think the T2 is a little too tall anyway) but didn't like the way it was skewing the leg proportions. A) they would have needed padding out because they suddenly looked really skinny and B) extending the lower leg while the thighs stay the same length has the potential to look freakish.
Looked OK in TK0083s pics but it just didn't sit well with me.

Holy sweet ___k I don't know how I'm gonna get that cigarette packet attached onto the helmet, the band wrapped around it is so tight. I can't even get the helmet straps up under it like in the film. Speaking of the helmet straps they weren't secured to the helmet by anything like on Taylors helmet. They just fell right out as soon as I started looking at it.

I picked up Barnes today (with the IM Mark VI) The HS is mindblowingly good (even for HT's lofty standards)

I will purchase what ever HT's offers up in this Line... but please :pray: let it be Elias 1st.

Holy sweet ___k I don't know how I'm gonna get that cigarette packet attached onto the helmet, the band wrapped around it is so tight. I can't even get the helmet straps up under it like in the film. Speaking of the helmet straps they weren't secured to the helmet by anything like on Taylors helmet. They just fell right out as soon as I started looking at it.

i ran into the same thing..............the band should push up fairly easy with the help of a toothpick or something like that................the end of the strap should push right back into place place and snug up when you put it back on his head...........but just a pin drop of super glue should suffice in keeping it in place. i actually have a dentist's tool with a hook that can be used to run under the strap to stretch it a wee bit (good tool for futzing figures).

Yeah I ended up glueing the straps back on.

Just a bit of an annoyance during assembly of this figure. Others included putting the pouches onto the belt before realising that the bayonnet sheath had to go on and then having to take the pouch on his left side off again. And the unhooking/rehooking of the suspenders to the belt during the same process. Lastly the damned trigger hand doesn't grip the gun tight enough, it either falls out of the hand or has to be constantly readjusted. Taylor has the same problem. Hot Toys really needs to make smaller hands. I think the problem is TT hands are oversized.

But apart from all that I'm stoked to have this guy. Brilliantly done, he looks the business. Gotta be one of, if not the best headsculpts HT has ever done.

Yeah I noticed in the film he does indeed wear a poncho during the rain scenes but really its all too brief to consider displaying the figure with one.

I also noticed that in all but the basecamp scenes he always wears the backpack - good because for most of the scenes I would have my figure represent he can be fully kitted out with no extra accessories just lying around idle. On the other hand I observed that for the most part the only scenes where he is helmetless and without bandana are the camp/'off duty' scenes - thus if we can get a hairpiece for this figure then if we were to be accurate about it in our displays he would be stripped of a lot of his gear. He'd either be in just the army shirt or just the green vest, or he'd be topless with only the belt/suspenders setup as in the "I am reality" scene. That last one though wouldn't really be an option with this joint-ridden TT body though.

I finally had some time to put this guy together and I had a few QC issues. Like some of you, the straps on my helmet both just fell off. The clip on the shovel will not click and close. And the sheath for the knife was glued together and I couldn't get the clip to unbuckle. I got him off eBay for $110 shipped, so I'm not going to try to get a replacement. HT really needs to step up their QC though. I got a replacement on my Taylor, and the paint on the hair wasn't completely dried, and it stuck to the head. Also the bandanna was not folded over properly and made it a bit loose.
How did you guys get the helmet on Barnes to fit so well? You don't have to remove the bandanna, right? Mine seems like it's such a tight fit that I'm afraid of messing up the bandanna. Any tips would be much appreciated.

$110 shipped!? WOW! ,who was the seller?

The seller was moclong5150. He might have a store called Twisted Comics and Collectibles. The night before I bought mine, one sold for around $90 shipped! My box came smashed up a little, and he was able to get me a replacement. I didn't want to pay to ship it back to him for a full replacement for my other issues. He is also in Cali and I didn't have to pay tax!:yess: I even received the item about a week and a half before most of you here.

I finally had some time to put this guy together and I had a few QC issues. Like some of you, the straps on my helmet both just fell off. The clip on the shovel will not click and close. And the sheath for the knife was glued together and I couldn't get the clip to unbuckle. I got him off eBay for $110 shipped, so I'm not going to try to get a replacement. HT really needs to step up their QC though. I got a replacement on my Taylor, and the paint on the hair wasn't completely dried, and it stuck to the head. Also the bandanna was not folded over properly and made it a bit loose.
How did you guys get the helmet on Barnes to fit so well? You don't have to remove the bandanna, right? Mine seems like it's such a tight fit that I'm afraid of messing up the bandanna. Any tips would be much appreciated.

the problem with the shovel seems to be that once you unsnap it that the pin bends over & doesnt line up anymore.........and it's so tiny & fragile if you try to bend it back it usually breaks.....:gah:
both taylor & barnes shovel flap did this & im contemplating just gluing them shut.......i don't see me using the shovels anyway.

and as far as the helmet............i guess you might try to take out the liner & heat it up a bit water/hairdryer and stretch it a bit wider. might work.......just be careful.

Back