Hot Toys MMS 141 - Platoon - Sergeant Barnes official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ADEV, don't sell yourself short, your photos kick all kinds of AZZ.

I especially like the in focus Barnes with slightly out of focus Taylor :hi5:

One thing that bothers me is the different skin tones between the forearms and the hands, they dont match :(

Wow, thanks everyone for the nice comments. My main concern was getting good angles on that likeness to try to really show how good it is. I just wish I could erase the background, even when I take photos against black art paper you can still see that its black art paper and any marks that are on it - I wish I could blur the background to just a colour.

Again with the brown uniform...it's like a lottery.

It just comes out that way in artificial light and photos. I opened this figure during the day and immediately remarked how green it looked. Admittedly it does look brown in photos. :dunno

IMG_4999gswr26.jpg

Look at this one, I just don't get it. Taylors uniform looks green there while in the same photo in the foreground Barnes' uniform looks brown. Yet they're the same colour in person.

boros arrived today..............:yess:
bns2.jpg

bns1.jpg

bns3.jpg

damn...............barnes is so bad ass he's about to kick some HT ringers to the curb.............:lol

nice pics, barryo! added the smokes. i agree, a-dev. important piece to the figure's look.

027-15.jpg

038-6.jpg

035-9.jpg

034-10.jpg

030-6.jpg

Last edited:
took a few outside shots today in the back yard.
sg3-1.jpg

sg1-1.jpg

sg2-1.jpg

watched the movie again yesterday & damn it's got me wanting more characters.........:gah:
i wish hots would go fairly deep with this line...........just 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 more figures please......:pray:

Nice. A dull damp day might offer good photo opportunities too if anyone would dare take their figure out in the rain. Then perhaps that poncho someone was offering on ebay might be a good buy.

Just looking at the characters HT have made and supposedly have in the pipeline, it'll be 3 of the pothead crew and only Barnes from the 'bad-guy' faction.

Of the Potheads King and Rhah would be better choices than Lerner. And pretty much any one of Barnes' loyalists would be more welcome too - Bunny, Junior and Red O Neill. Its not that Lerner is a flat-out would never buy, just there were more distinctive looking troopers than him in Platoon that would look better on the shelf.

Back