Hot Toys MMS 141 - Platoon - Sergeant Barnes official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. A dull damp day might offer good photo opportunities too if anyone would dare take their figure out in the rain. Then perhaps that poncho someone was offering on ebay might be a good buy.

Just looking at the characters HT have made and supposedly have in the pipeline, it'll be 3 of the pothead crew and only Barnes from the 'bad-guy' faction.

Of the Potheads King and Rhah would be better choices than Lerner. And pretty much any one of Barnes' loyalists would be more welcome too - Bunny, Junior and Red O Neill. Its not that Lerner is a flat-out would never buy, just there were more distinctive looking troopers than him in Platoon that would look better on the shelf.

:goodpost::lecture :exactly:

king, red, bunny, rhah, etc. i dig barnes and i'm still happy w/ what we got if it stops after him but there are so many cool characters i would like.

Yeah as I said before I think I would keep my Platoon figures now even if they don't follow through with the others - just because of the quality of the 2 figures we have right now - and even if I came to feel that the film Platoon isn't sufficiently represented with just Barnes and Taylor and they stopped satisfying me in that regard I could still use them as the basis for customs - like resistance fighters to add to my Terminator collection. I'd just make sure they were fully reversible customs, no permanent alterations.

However I'm still very much hoping they make Elias. Its too early to right him off.

elias, king, rhah, bunny, red.............lerner if we hafta.........:gah:

My wish list in order of most wanted:

1: Red. 5: Bunny
2: King. 6: Junior
3: Rhah. 7: Wolf (had a cool vest)
4: Doc. 8: Lerner

They just won't happen unfortunately. HT doesn't delve that deeply into the side-characters of any film. Particularly if they have to pursue likeness rights. Just look at the soldiers from Predator almost all of whom would have made great, sought after figures in their own right. Once they couldn't get Sonny Landham to sign off on it they didn't bother with the others.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the Sideshow Elias to pose alongside the HT figs? Would be curious to see how the three look together.

It would also show Hot Toy's huge "FAIL" if they don't release their version of Elias...

got my flak vest today...............:yess:
sg4-1.jpg

sg5-1.jpg

had to lengthen the belt a bit to fit around the vest but now i have to readjust the side pockets so they are more forward. and that is for another day.........:lol

"You ignorant a$$hole! What the ___k coordinates are you giving?!You wasted a lot of people up there with your ___ked-up fire mission! You know that?! You know that?! Ah, $h!t!"

Looks good, just a pity about the colour difference - its a bit too much for my liking. I ended up using mine on my Predator Billy Sole figure (whose own flak vest is actually too dark for what he wore in the film so the bright green Dragon vest works on that figure)

Just a recommendation for yours - scrap that bandolier of pouches, he doesn't wear that over the flak vest in those scenes of the film. Unless you'd prefer to use all the gear rather than leave it lying around?

yea i m probably going to play with a few different looks.............but so far im liking the vest.

now...........i know in person the green of the fatigues is fine. but im tired of the pics coming out like the difference between night and day. so im seriously contemplating dying all of it match. the fatigues could be a bit more green anyway so we'll see once it's all one color.

I'd like to see that. It is kinda frustrating the way pics make the clothes look brown especially if its putting people off buying these figures and thus hampering our chances of the line continuing.

My Barnes is still in the Village look. I haven't actually tried the flak vest on him yet. My Taylor is fully geared up pretty much like the early scenes of the film. Came across my photos of Taylor again and he looks great off-duty in the pothead den - apologies for the shameless plug of those photos in this thread but-

Taylorpics102.jpg

Taylorpics101.jpg

Taylorpics97.jpg

Taylorpics94.jpg

Taylorpics93.jpg

Taylorpics92.jpg

Taylorpics90.jpg

Taylorpics87.jpg

Taylorpics83.jpg

Taylorpics82.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics Adev! Question for you and all platoon fans:

Since HT will limit us on Platoon masterpieces, what existing
or upcoming 1/6 figs would you convert into nam soldiers
to join Barnes, Taylor and possibly Elias?

I haven't given that any thought. As I mentioned earlier if they don't finish the line I'd actually be more likely to convert Taylor and Barnes into Terminator resistance fighters to go with the Christian Bale John Connor. Or then again I might not. If they make Elias I'll keep them as intended, from Platoon. As for the other troopers I don't think I'd go to the trouble of customising any - else I'd have done that with the soldiers from Predator.

I haven't given that any thought. As I mentioned earlier if they don't finish the line I'd actually be more likely to convert Taylor and Barnes into Terminator resistance fighters to go with the Christian Bale John Connor. Or then again I might not. If they make Elias I'll keep them as intended, from Platoon. As for the other troopers I don't think I'd go to the trouble of customising any - else I'd have done that with the soldiers from Predator.

I thought about getting the sideshow platoon characters not including the ones HT made but even they are not available on eBay. I did buy an Advanced Caucasion Truetype as a nam soldier and he turned pretty good. I'll be scouting around for more recruits.

If you convert the platoon guys to resistance fighters please send us pics
I would love to see how they turn out. Either way, Im rootin for Elias to come
and join my small platoon!

Back