Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am the only one who doesn't know who Ted Bundy is?
Yes. Yes you are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundy

LOL.

When it comes to issues like having a figure of a Nazi, and whether it is acceptable - it all comes down to context. This movie does the opposite of glorify Hitler, Landa, or any other Nazi. Having a figure because you liked the movie is fine. You can like the movie without liking the character (which you are not supposed to like the bad guys). Although I know the difference between real life and fiction, this movie was fiction so I would consider owning any Nazi figure FROM THIS MOVIE to be the same as owning a figure of any villain from any other movie, comic book, etc....

Last edited:
Why are people still on the whole Nazi figures and if it's in good taste to own one? This topic is getting old. If you buys these figures with the idea they are just a part of history or can separate their values from your own, I don't see a problem in owning one or having to defend it. If people who see it in your collection and make a big deal about it, obviously they don't know you well enough, are ignorant, or as Bugs Bunny would say, are "maroons", and shouldn't even be in your house anyway.

If I want to own a Nazi figure one day, I'll get one, without the permission of anyone, and if someone has a problem with it, that is their own problem. Which it shouldn't be a problem in the first place. It's just a toy. I am not that toy. If people can't separate the two, then they are clearly maroons.

More pics from Grand Old Gold on Toys Daily :

201001231394.jpg

201001231399.jpg

201001231404.jpg

201001231405.jpg

I may actually get this. I watched the movie last week for the first time and loved Aldo.

It would be a stand alone purchase for me, even if HT made more Inglourious Basterds - except Shoshanna. She's the only one besides Aldo I would want.

I may actually get this. I watched the movie last week for the first time and loved Aldo.

It would be a stand alone purchase for me, even if HT made more Inglourious Basterds - except Shoshanna. She's the only one besides Aldo I would want.

It was a solid film.

Back