Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is exactly the same, dude. Must be common. I even did a WTB thread looking for one. Kept an eye out for over a year, with no luck.

Yeah I expected as much. I hardly ever touch my figs. I just got these two down to do the once in 6 months dust down, they are usually behind glass, I found the remnants of the bag on the detolf shelf, must of just spontaneously fallen off?

From personnel experience It gets very hard to find loose accessories for older Hot Toys figures, especially 6 years old, so I'm not surprised you couldn't find a replacement, maybe even the replacement would not be in A1 condition?

From personnel experience It gets very hard to find loose accessories for older Hot Toys figures, especially 6 years old, so I'm not surprised you couldn't find a replacement, maybe even the replacement would not be in A1 condition?

I managed to get his cap the other day (for a custom of mine), so anything is possible. But, having now seen that yours looks exactly the same as mine, even the same location, then I'm guessing they'll all do his eventually.

I managed to get his cap the other day (for a custom of mine), so anything is possible. But, having now seen that yours looks exactly the same as mine, even the same location, then I'm guessing they'll all do his eventually.

Yeah its all part of the fun imo looking for that accessory you need for your figures. I hate it if ever I lose an accessory for a figure. I lost the little necklace of Obadiah Stane Iron Monger figure, turned the house upside down looking for it with no luck. :lol

Hello Basterds, small thread revive to show you my new tattoo, thought you guys might appreciate it :)

mgQTSiU.jpg

Sorry for the off-topic :)

Yeah I expected as much. I hardly ever touch my figs. I just got these two down to do the once in 6 months dust down, they are usually behind glass, I found the remnants of the bag on the detolf shelf, must of just spontaneously fallen off?

If you guys are not that particular about a HT bag vs. a repro, here are a couple of threads in the Indy forum about custom leather-work:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...m-indy-belts-etsy-vigilante-collectibles.html

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-commentary-custom-workshop-photos-added.html

Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Since there's a little activity in this thread again--I just got this figure last week, brand new on eBay for under $200. Gotta love those auctions that end in the middle of the night. I gotta say, I was completely blown away when I opened him. I was apprehensive about getting such a (relatively) old figure--my oldest so far being the Nicholson Joker--but I literally said "Wow" out loud as I was unpacking him. Here's a crappy iPhone pic, I gave him a cigarette to hold in his left hand because of the way the fingers are positioned. I'm going to try and pick up some better trigger hands from another figure, I have the Han Solo ones to try out.

4f73e1a7110c4326931b2c6020dd44f0.jpg

The likeness, sculpt, and paint all still look REALLY good. I held his head right up next to a few of my newer figures like my HT Obi-Wan, which has insane detailing in the sculpt and paint (even though it doesn't look like Alec Guinness to me, but that's a different issue) and it really does still hold up.

The bag already had a couple creases where it looks like it will start flaking so I'll keep an eye on that, and I will probably go back and remove the shoulder padding like people have mentioned. As far as removing the undershirt, I find if you put the outer belt on the last notch then it doesn't cinch in the waist and makes it look more natural without having to take the shirt off.

I wish the Hans Landa had turned out this good. That figure is an easy pass unless I see an amazing deal. This one I can't imagine ever getting rid of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couple of pics of my custom (Hot Toys + head from alex lopez) done a long way ago :) I still think he's cool.

81I57c0.jpg

eWCSR3M.jpg

tUM2f43.jpg

Thanks. I agree, HT's is a little off in expression and likeness, glad i could grab one from Alex.

nice review.

I wonder: Has anyone bought the DafToys set of this guy? It comes with 2 headsculpts and pretty much everything the HT one came with minus a body and stand.

Back