Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has this figure been released yet? The movie was nothing special, but this figure is mighty tempting...hopefully gonna pick one up at some point.

i really could care less about the movie, the only thing that holding me back is the money from getting this figure , if i had the money i would buy this in a heartbeat. This is freaking wolverine in hot toys form i dont know why fans are letting the movie hold them back, If you liked the 1st 2nd and 3rd then this is a must buy.:banana

I liked the movie, so... yea!!! DP was the only thing I didn't enjoy but it's the beginning of how DP comes to the Marvel Universe, you have to give it time. He'll be in the normal DP form when it comes to his own movie.

The more I look at it, the more jackman I see in the sculpt.

Argh!

The waiting period for the price to go down is a hard one! These are still going for $240-250USD shipped.

I think it'll take them at least 3-4 weeks before prices on ebay go back to the $170-180 shipped for the ready stock ones.

The more I look at it, the more jackman I see in the sculpt.

Argh!

The waiting period for the price to go down is a hard one! These are still going for $240-250USD shipped.

I think it'll take them at least 3-4 weeks before prices on ebay go back to the $170-180 shipped for the ready stock ones.

I rarely order from ebay but Wolverine was one of my top figures of the year.

I took a chance w Tony Cheung auction on ebay and paid under $200 shipped. The prices I noticed today, I am glad my choice didn't bite me in the butt. It left HK yesterday thus I should have next week. Maybe in hand, I will see the 100% likeness people see that I don't.

Saw this body comparison on Toys Daily. I thought it was fairly arbitrary, but some people have said that HT just "stole" the idea from Enterbay's RM Body.

P1040414.jpg

It's a natural thing for base bodies to reflect on another. As one company comes up with a good idea to further what a base body can be, others will follow suit. It's one thing to base it off of something else, but it's not as though anyone's literally using/selling the same exact body of another company.

Saw this body comparison on Toys Daily. I thought it was fairly arbitrary, but some people have said that HT just "stole" the idea from Enterbay's RM Body.

P1040414.jpg

i've yet to see a figure make an enterbay bruce lee figure look like plastic, and not very human-like...but wolverine did just that. bruce looks like plastic in that pic, while wolverine looks like a real human....WOW :horror

I know some people don't like the skin texturing Hot Toys uses on heads, and now bodies, but to me, it's really key in selling a figure as realistic. It completely changes the way light behaves and looks and ultimately has a more flesh-like finish than anything smooth could ever have.

Yeah like MaulFan said and others here have pointed out, the use of molded torso doll bodies has been going on for decades. HT just took it one step further in the realism department. To say they stole the idea from EB is just crazy talk.

P1040414.jpg

Enterbay fanboys thinks they do everything first and everyone else steals ideas from them. Hasbro and other toy companies did those things long before Enterbay.

That Bruce Lee is awesome, but Wolverine thumps it.

lol enterbay has a license to freaking dragonball revolution so im pretty sure hot toys nukes it in everyway when it comes to licenses.

i think the difference with the enterbay bruce body and wolverine's body is that although HT have done an amazing job sculpting a realistic body and it's incredibly close to jackman's body in the movie, it's not 100% representative. he's a little skinny around the waist in particular. it's not so noticeable.

with enterbay, bruce's body was so much a part of what he is, they wanted to sculpt it as accurately as possible.

i agree though, from the side by side, even with the joint in the middle of the torso, the texturing and paint on the wolverine body is insane! i never thought i'd see a toy like this.

still. the buck rules all.

I'm looking to put a cowboy hat on his head like in the comics. So, could someone measure round the head for me?
Because of the hairsculpt it most certainly will not fit perfectly, but the way I visioned it, it won't really have to...

I wont be getting him before february :(

Oh, and if somebody has a (decent looking) 1/6 cowboy hat for sale, that would be great too. Just drop me a PM if you do...
Been looking into stevostoys.com but I'm not sure if thats the way to go???

Last edited:
Are the claws metal?

Probably just metal foil over plastic like the Predator blades.

i think the difference with the enterbay bruce body and wolverine's body is that although HT have done an amazing job sculpting a realistic body and it's incredibly close to jackman's body in the movie, it's not 100% representative. he's a little skinny around the waist in particular. it's not so noticeable.

with enterbay, bruce's body was so much a part of what he is, they wanted to sculpt it as accurately as possible.

Big difference is, Enterbay can recycle the Bruce Lee body for him so it was worth their effort to sculpt it exactly to him. This Wolverine body is going to be used for other characters, so it's close to Jackman, but not so exact it can't be used for others too, it looks like the Comedian will be using it.

Back