Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knowing that i paid just over $1,000 dollars U.S including shipping, i want like to know that i have an original and not fake

First, even if it's real you paid WAY to much. Two or three times to much.

Second, my point was, these are issues you figure out BEFORE you buy something, not after.

Third, if you like it, and can't tell if it is or is not "real" what difference does it ultimately make?

I can not find it anywhere in Melbourne stores and on Ebay they ranged from $800 from Malaysia to $1,400.... I thought i was buying the real one from a seller who sells mostly hot toys and other figures such as sideshow, play arts, etc....

Still happy to own this classic, seeing this thread bumped inspired me to take a few photos.

Also if you have anything you need photographed to compare to yours let me know, Mine is 100% the real deal as I got it at time of release from BBTS.

16633719876_45753cc60b_b.jpg

16472251360_13e65551ea_b.jpg

16659662045_33a0bfc6d6_b.jpg

16658267301_7689193b96_b.jpg

16633718946_0e5b89f8b7_b.jpg

16472086208_1ce8406eba_b.jpg

Last edited:
Would anyone have a body from this they're looking to sell? Or could you tell me if there's even a different between this body and the one used on MMS220?

I had bought this from a freak a ways back and neglected to tell me his torso was a mess and was really flip floppy loose. I had stuffed the inner ribcage from doing that and it's solid now, but it just bugs me knowing it's still technically messed up.

There's bootlegs of it on eBay, but I don't know how good or accurate they are to the real deal.

Would anyone have a body from this they're looking to sell? Or could you tell me if there's even a different between this body and the one used on MMS220?

I had bought this from a freak a ways back and neglected to tell me his torso was a mess and was really flip floppy loose. I had stuffed the inner ribcage from doing that and it's solid now, but it just bugs me knowing it's still technically messed up.

There's bootlegs of it on eBay, but I don't know how good or accurate they are to the real deal.

The mms220 body has only a couple of different things that I can remember off hand, one is I think the skin color is darker and the neck does not have the hair painted on like the mms103.

Its the same body. Zcwo muscle body works or the original hot toys muscle body they sold separately is the same too.

You mean the bootleg is the same?

The mms220 body has only a couple of different things that I can remember off hand, one is I think the skin color is darker and the neck does not have the hair painted on like the mms103.

Yeah the neck hair and color were the things I noticed. The pics of the bootleg look pretty good though.

I ordered the Origins bootleg body. I'll report back it's quality once I get it.

It was for bids and I lost it, but the bidder backed out so I got it for $30 shipped.

i'm assuming its the same bootleg body they had on ebay when i got mine...

it's not stripped down, but in the pic you can see the detail on the neck and on the hands. the body looked the same as the official. this is a pic i posted a while back when i picked up the bootleg figure. it was VERY hard to distinguish against the official when i had them both in hand. you need to view the pic and zoom 1:1 to get the full size. you'll see the detail they put on the neck, hands and the face.

https://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s572/pro_design1/DSC_0055.jpg~original

Thanks for letting me know about that. If the body is that close to the original, I'll definitely swap it.

I'd like to get a new coat, but the bootlegs I've seen aren't all that close to the original. Mine has a fold that goes across the back that bugs me.

no worries man!

actually that whole setup is a bootleg. i've seen a tiny varying in the quality, but on the whole, its been pretty dam amazing how close it all is from the stuff i've seen. i originally was piecing all the parts together... and i got it from a dude on ebay. he had the parts listed, and i just contacted him and asked about getting a bunch of stuff. think i paid $150 shipped for the whole set. but was surprised when he sent it... it was the whole figure as seen above! was pretty stoked. one thing i've noticed that lacks is the buttons on the shirt are missing a few on the bootlegs. but most paint and the clothing quality is pretty amazing!

I've been seeing the clothing sets for some time now. I might consider getting one since the belt on mine looks really frail and fragile. And the inner red shirt on mine had a cuff torn and my fiance had to stitch it.

The dude on here really burned me with a messed up figure...

Back