Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, great advice~ glad I asked here!! I see the same location Vietnam. Fake too!!!

Look, it’s just common sense.

How many Hot Toys releases come out, sell out, stay scarce well over a year and them “BOOM” in the span of a few weeks dozens pop up from the same two or three sellers all located around the same area.

How come these guys haven’t cut loose some other figures if they’ve been buying figures to horde for a year or so? Why just Wolverine?

SO what happened here? Did someone maybe get a hold of a mold or is it the QA reject theory? Really weird that this only seems to be happening with Wolverine. It just goes to show having these figures is like printing your own money. Just sucks that people are getting scammed. Buyer beware, I guess.

SO what happened here? Did someone maybe get a hold of a mold or is it the QA reject theory? Really weird that this only seems to be happening with Wolverine. It just goes to show having these figures is like printing your own money. Just sucks that people are getting scammed. Buyer beware, I guess.

I do believe in the QA reject theory...I contacted one of the buyer from these a$$clowns he said it was shipped from singapore and no shipper box, the package was just wrapped in brown paper no padding whatsoever. When I asked him what it looked liked he said it looks legit but upon inspecting and giving him some of the things being spotted here he did agree he's was a reject/fake/bootleg as well jeans are long, white shirt is short can't even tuck it in, extra hand pegs in a small ziplock and of course the freaking paint apps on the eyes.

These sellers probably stumbled upon a bin full of parts and materials.... I'm keeping an eye on them the moment they sell a different HT figure :gah:

I don't think the Vietnamese fakes can/have duplicate the Muscle TT (TTM19) by HT. Hats off to them if they are able to do so...

Vietnam has fantastic tailoring talent supply.. so not so difficult to make copies of the clothing.

Anyways HT will be mass producing TTM19 to be released at the end of the year.

I would not think they could duplicate the dog tags... being LASER etch...likely
wolvietags2.jpg

Last edited:
okay, so if you're a person who was a real Hot Toys Wolverine figure that was pruchased through Sideshow and is now selling thier figure on ebay, what should a potential buyer be asking the seller in order to be reassured that it is real and not fake???????????????

I was thinking if the seller purchased it from Sideshow, then ask the seller to take a picture of the UPS label on the brown box.

What else???
Remember, the most seller will not remove the figure from the package, other wise the figure is no longer considered new

Last edited:
okay, so if you're a person who was a real Hot Toys Wolverine figure that was pruchased through Sideshow and is now selling thier figure on ebay, what should a potential buyer be asking the seller in order to be reassured that it is real and not fake???????????????

I was thinking if the seller purchased it from Sideshow, then ask the seller to take a picture of the UPS label on the brown box.

What else???
Remember, the most seller will not remove the figure from the package, other wise the figure is no longer considered new

The seller should take good pics of the figure in hand, close up shots of the face and packaging. That would probably help.

What else???

Go to your Sideshow Account of past orders, print out the information it says about your order of that figure, cross out any "Too" personal information and fax or email them a copy. Sounds like a receipt to me.

Although I think the outfit, body, etc are top notch and accurate for Wolverine, the head sculpt always throws me off... I see about 50% Hugh Jackman :(

Well, the claim was decided in my favor. Thing is...I need to return the figure. Should I take the plunge and return it?

Well, the claim was decided in my favor. Thing is...I need to return the figure. Should I take the plunge and return it?

If you don't want the figure, and have to return it so you can get your money back, then yes.

(Depending on how they wording your instructions) If you're getting your refund regardless of whether you send it back or not, I'd keep it for my trouble.

If you don't want the figure, and have to return it so you can get your money back, then yes.

(Depending on how they wording your instructions) If you're getting your refund regardless of whether you send it back or not, I'd keep it for my trouble.

Yeah, Ebay wants me to return the item to get a refund, after providing them with a tracking number as proof that I sent it back.

I'll probably just send it back this Thursday.

Back