Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fakes or someone got into HT garbage bin and took the defects and polished them up as best they could.

Being sold over seas or here in the U.S. as well?

That sucks. So pretty much no way of telling once these flood the market.

Real ones were selling for 360-600 then these came around and they went for 250-350

:( It's sad when people ruin this hobby. I was talking to Sideshow CC Dept. the other day about some possible recasts (not HTs.) It's amazing how much money people make off of fraudulent activity, etc. etc.

Man, that sucks. And almost everybody is giving them good feedback so they are just selling more and more. What also sucks is that I have been toying around with selling mine here on the board, but everybody is going to wonder if any Wolverine sold on the freaks board is a 're-gifted' Vietnamese bootleg.

I was seriously doubting the sellers from Vietnam 3 weeks ago because I saw SO MANY Wolverines being auctioned off. And for around $250?
Sucks for the people who bought the fakes and makes it harder for the people that wants to sell the real one.
So lesson is, don't buy anything from Vietnam especially if the price seems too good to be true.

I just checked ebay and there seems to be about 10 sellers from Vietnam selling these. Dude must have opened up that many accounts.
Oh man, I feel bad for the poor clueless people bidding and paying for these.

Great....I just bought one of these too. Still have yet to receive mine. After all the positives I read, I figured it was a safe bet to get one.

I should report this to Ebay when I get it...

Great....I just bought one of these too. Still have yet to receive mine. After all the positives I read, I figured it was a safe bet to get one.

I should report this to Ebay when I get it...

The problem though is how to prove it (if it is true). If these were numbered or something, it might be a little easier to disprove/prove it. But as is, I don't know how it can be done, unless the sculpt is so blatantly off that you can tell.

you know, I could settle for a fake Blade II figure , haha.

Anyways, how are they doing the muscle body ? is that one also entirely a recast ?.

you know, I could settle for a fake Blade II figure , haha.

Anyways, how are they doing the muscle body ? is that one also entirely a recast ?.

Your guess is as good as mine. Nothing really amazes me anymore though (that is if these are indeed recasts.) :(

I know very little when it comes to these pieces, so I can't really say much. I just know what looks good. :lol

Ok guys here are the pics. Everything seems to be 99% close but it just doesnt feel right. It was sealed when I got it but the 3 other Wolverine I had never had the stickers. The color of the box is a tone less and not as metallic. Face paint is jacked, button on shirt is off, wife beater is shorter then my "real" one, the claws have finger prints and glue near the hand.

It almost feels like Hot Toys fd up rejected figures were taken and polished up as best as possible and by theses guys.

Head is definitely not hot toys. Paint is way off.

Here is a retail ht head pic.

2itj52w.jpg

Last edited:
Ok guys here are the pics. Everything seems to be 99% close but it just doesnt feel right. It was sealed when I got it but the 3 other Wolverine I had never had the stickers. The color of the box is a tone less and not as metallic. Face paint is jacked, button on shirt is off, wife beater is shorter then my "real" one, the claws have finger prints and glue near the hand.

It almost feels like Hot Toys fd up rejected figures were taken and polished up as best as possible and by theses guys.

Oh man! :horror This is a certified fake by just looking @ the HS. I remember there's no PERS included in the HS..why the hell his eyes are looking to the left?! :cuckoo:

Sorry to hear this unfortunate incident dude! :monkey2

Damn you 'Skiman_I_is_da_Hulk_#1' or who"the hell"ever you are! :thwak (wait, this is the culprit right?:cuckoo:) :rotfl

Oh man! :horror This is a certified fake by just looking @ the HS. I remember there's no PERS included in the HS..why the hell his eyes are looking to the left?! :cuckoo:

Sorry to hear this unfortunate incident dude! :monkey2

Damn you 'Skiman_I_is_da_Hulk_#1' or who"the hell"ever you are! :thwak (wait, this is the culprit right?:cuckoo:) :rotfl

That's the seller! :lol Everytime I email him all I get is : 'I is da hulk. EX OR FAIL!!!' Sauce.'

It doesn't matter what question I ask. I get the same response everytime and have no idea what it means.

Back