Hot Toys Lone Ranger 2013 License??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm, because it's awesome? I'm a huge fan of the character, and I'll give anything a chance just to know that he'll be on the big screen again.

I grew up watching the classic TV show. The Lone Ranger (along with Evel Knievel, Six Million Dollar Man, George Reeves Superman, and Adam West Batman) was literally one of the first things I can remember being a big fan of. I got the 9" figure along with Silver for Christmas in 1975. I still recall being distraught when my uncle broke the Ranger's mask when trying to put in on the figure's head. :lol

So, yeah... I'm right there with you guys WANTING this to be good. And I'll probably pick up a couple of figures, I'm sure.

One thing that iks me, though, is that they seem to be completely and purposely ignoring any nostalgia with this new film. I think that might be a mistake, regardless of how the movie itself turns out. For example, the trailers would be a gazillion times better (and probably generate a lot more interest from anyone older than 16) if they simply used The William Tell Overture instead of that dumb rock music. Drives me nuts that they either didn't think of this, or worse... purposely decided not to do it.

I grew up watching the classic TV show. The Lone Ranger (along with Evel Knievel, Six Million Dollar Man, George Reeves Superman, and Adam West Batman) was literally one of the first things I can remember being a big fan of. I got the 9" figure along with Silver for Christmas in 1975. I still recall being distraught when my uncle broke the Ranger's mask when trying to put in on the figure's head. :lol

So, yeah... I'm right there with you guys WANTING this to be good. And I'll probably pick up a couple of figures, I'm sure.

One thing that iks me, though, is that they seem to be completely and purposely ignoring any nostalgia with this new film. I think that might be a mistake, regardless of how the movie itself turns out. For example, the trailers would be a gazillion times better (and probably generate a lot more interest from anyone older than 16) if they simply used The William Tell Overture instead of that dumb rock music. Drives me nuts that they either didn't think of this, or worse... purposely decided not to do it.

like this one??

I have this displayed on my mantle and its a very excellent example. the Mask in completely intact which is supposedly Rare on these as long as they were taken care of

like this one??

I have this displayed on my mantle and its a very excellent example. the Mask in completely intact which is supposedly Rare on these as long as they were taken care of

Awesome! Love that figure!
:clap:clap:yess:

I hope not man. That would be one big kick in the nads if Tonto comes before Crane

Since I posted that comment, Hot Toys unveiled a teaser shot of Ichabod.

FINALLY!!! :exactly::exactly::exactly:

So thankfully we will be seeing the full reveal of the figure and the release before the release of Tonto! :clap:clap:clap

Not that I have anything against Tonto... I've just been waiting for Mr. Crane for such a LONG time. :peace :peace :peace

My biggest thing right now is the film itself. So long as it's true to the Lone Ranger and is a good interpretation, I'm in their corner. If that means marketing it as a Johnny Depp vehicle with a rock music soundtrack just to put asses in seats, as I've said, I'm game. At least this way we might get a sequel(providing that it's good). As for the soundtrack itself, I really hope that Zimmer can do better than whatever it is in those trailers.

I think the film should be awesome . I hope it is . Johnny Dep loves playing characters like this . I just hope it's not ridiculous.

I hope it's not a John Carter-style flop. I think the main problem with that one was the title - it should have had Mars in it!

John Carter was a great movie. Unfortunately the marketingcampaign killed it before it was even released. Truly a shame.

I don't care if the movie sucks or not...

a highly detailed Hot Toys Cowboy figure,along with that it's the Lone Ranger with two pistols----SOLD!!!

The movie has great talent behind it- looks really good- yes they need the William Tell music.....at some point in the movie.
Figure Ht will release specs by summer...figures maybe this year...or maybe not!

I am excited to see how they do the Ranger.

Hopefully we get an unmasked portrait or removable mask, but I don't know if we will since we didn't get one for Catwoman or Spirit (who has a similar mask)

I'd really like it if it was a removable mask. It'd be easier to do since, unlike certain characters, he's not wearing any make-up around his eyes, and, on top of that, it would add another level of authenticity to the figure.

Back