Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
67d1fd2e5a0efd625b0481.66252154_edit_img_facebook_post_image_file_44272188_1510930799.jpg

I'd give everything to see HT trying to replicate that.

I hope you realized it was probably a joke and he quoted from Conan the Barbarian!:)

Jesting, yes. Referring to Conan? No. Never got into Conan. :lol

Think that went straight over his head lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I replied to your request in the PM you sent me in the JL speculation thread, like I said I would. Surprised you never replied, since you stated you were interested to know my sentiments.

This was a pretty cool article that came out today regarding Cavill's excitement towards Superman going forward based on how he was able to portray him in JL:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/io9.gi...ry-cavill-is-excited-to-play-t-1820705674/amp

Even though I would disagree with the author of the article because I think the Superman story was meant to have an arc in telling how he arrived at this point. Same with Batman and WW. It gave him (Superman) depth.

This was a pretty cool article that came out today regarding Cavill's excitement towards Superman going forward based on how he was able to portray him in JL:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/io9.gi...ry-cavill-is-excited-to-play-t-1820705674/amp

Even though I would disagree with the author of the article because I think the Superman story was meant to have an arc in telling how he arrived at this point. Same with Batman and WW. It gave him (Superman) depth.

I love his enthusiasm for the character! He really deserves another solo movie or two. I agree now he's reached this point it feels more earned and that was always Snyders intention. He should be in the Shazam movie to, that will probably be the next time we see him.

I concur. I thought it was cool to read Cavill's excitement for the character.

This article came out in June of this year, but it just further shows that there was meant to be depth to Superman's character in BvS that was more than meets the eye, where there was a deeper meaning intended in each particular scene. It had to do with that Day of the Dead scene, as confirmed by Snyder himself in a cool way. I found it rather interesting:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/moviepilot.com/posts/4295883/amp

It hurts so much when DC movie universe goes from the right track to the wrong. previous movies of course were not perfect but they were different from regular comic book movies which made them special for me. they were dark,emotional,huge and deep. It was not only action it was about humanity and relationships. As much as I love Henry and Superman, I still prefer MOS and BvS Superman with a deep personality.Why to ruin something what is already near to perfect, improve it,make it better,instead this they simplified everything and they lost their gem. Maybe Snyder is not a perfect director, nobody is... but he has something special what others don't have. Love and respect him at least he gave me 2 good movies with Superman. I'm too young and I don't have a nostalgia feel about Christopher Reeve Superman and I don't like lighter version of him,hope somehow WB uses brain, if they have any.

It hurts so much when DC movie universe goes from the right track to the wrong. previous movies of course were not perfect but they were different from regular comic book movies which made them special for me. they were dark,emotional,huge and deep. It was not only action it was about humanity and relationships. As much as I love Henry and Superman, I still prefer MOS and BvS Superman with a deep personality.Why to ruin something what is already near to perfect, improve it,make it better,instead this they simplified everything and they lost their gem. Maybe Snyder is not a perfect director, nobody is... but he has something special what others don't have. Love and respect him at least he gave me 2 good movies with Superman. I'm too young and I don't have a nostalgia feel about Christopher Reeve Superman, that's why I don't like lighter version of him.

snyder is an amazing excellent director with a great eye for visuals
he also is a terrible, messy writer

It hurts so much when DC movie universe goes from the right track to the wrong. previous movies of course were not perfect but they were different from regular comic book movies which made them special for me. they were dark,emotional,huge and deep. It was not only action it was about humanity and relationships. As much as I love Henry and Superman, I still prefer MOS and BvS Superman with a deep personality.Why to ruin something what is already near to perfect, improve it,make it better,instead this they simplified everything and they lost their gem. Maybe Snyder is not a perfect director, nobody is... but he has something special what others don't have. Love and respect him at least he gave me 2 good movies with Superman. I'm too young and I don't have a nostalgia feel about Christopher Reeve Superman and I don't like lighter version of him,hope somehow WB uses brain, if they have any.

Wholeheartedly agree. MoS and BvS were amazing. They offered more intimate examination of the characters and their internal struggles. Chris Terrio did amazing work on BVS. The Justice League movie we have in the cinemas is not the movie we deserve. Everything feels so rushed and unearned. It's like other comic book movies that may garner a positive first impression due to tone and forced humour that serves nothing more than to negate the premise and appeal to the cheap seats. The people who don't care and will just move on and forget. There's no reason to watch it more than once.

If MOS and BVS were VHS tapes. I would have gone through multiple tapes by now due to wear and tear lol.

This is awesome, never fails.

tumblr_nlcxt7TRyX1rfd7lko1_500.gif

MoS and BvS are now regarded as essentially being masterpieces now that JL is out and there's something new to malign and be angry at because it didn't have the same feel as the previous installments, after the former two were torn to pieces when they first came out. Can't wait for a possible JL2 when that one is torn to pieces and this one is regarded as a masterpiece. :lol

This is awesome, never fails.

tumblr_nlcxt7TRyX1rfd7lko1_500.gif

MoS and BvS are now regarded as essentially being masterpieces now that JL is out and there's something new to malign and be angry at because it didn't have the same feel as the previous installments, after the former two were torn to pieces when they first came out. Can't wait for a possible JL2 when that one is torn to pieces and this one is regarded as a masterpiece. :lol

JL is a poor attempt at appealling to the masses. They just want to put out generic McDonalds movies. I honestly enjoyed JL first time round, but subsequent viewings are hard. Watching MoS and even the Theatrical cut of BVS in the theatre was a joy because I was constantly getting something new from the movie. With JL I'm constantly thinking about what could have been.

It is cool to see people turning around on MoS and BVS. So much development and character archs just trashed. They need to fire Kevin Tsujihara and I think Geoff Johns needs to be taken down a peg.

Despite all the trashing BVS got in theatres. I think the movie had legs for people that actually cared for these characters and cinema in general. What an awful way to end what could have possibly been among the greatest trilogies ever put to film.

Don't get too upset guys- this will blow over and lead to something new in a couple months. Yes now the most despised and hated film ever on these boards is somehow gotten better and has some respect. Yes BvS. However it's a shell game to deepen the trashing of JL. They hope you forget the thrashing they gave Snyder. Now I actually read some complimentary things about Snyder cause the Whedon hate is on. Read and I mean read what these clowns are saying after two years of trashing BvS. Make up your own mind.

JL is a poor attempt at appealling to the masses. They just want to put out generic McDonalds movies. I honestly enjoyed JL first time round, but subsequent viewings are hard. Watching MoS and even the Theatrical cut of BVS in the theatre was a joy because I was constantly getting something new from the movie. With JL I'm constantly thinking about what could have been.

It is cool to see people turning around on MoS and BVS. So much development and character archs just trashed. They need to fire Kevin Tsujihara and I think Geoff Johns needs to be taken down a peg.

Despite all the trashing BVS got in theatres. I think the movie had legs for people that actually cared for these characters and cinema in general. What an awful way to end what could have possibly been among the greatest trilogies ever put to film.

I share your sentiments as I’m sure most people here who disliked it too-for the very same reasons.
Why build these characters up so well in one universe-just to turn them on their head into cartoon esque
Characters just to try and profit from the family friendly market.
Some people here just can’t accept that true fans feel true disappointment to such a great start.

Don't get too upset guys- this will blow over and lead to something new in a couple months. Yes now the most despised and hated film ever on these boards is somehow gotten better and has some respect. Yes BvS. However it's a shell game to deepen the trashing of JL. They hope you forget the thrashing they gave Snyder. Now I actually read some complimentary things about Snyder cause the Whedon hate is on. Read and I mean read what these clowns are saying after two years of trashing BvS. Make up your own mind.

:exactly: :goodpost:

And their response? You're not a "true" fan if you don't hate the latest installment. :rotfl

By all means, like and dislike what you want; however, it's utterly hilarious just to see how the tide changes so quickly on something previously hated when there's something new to hate and rip apart, and wait for it: by using the previously hated thing as a measuring stick on why the new thing fell short and therefore, should be hated. It's almost like clockwork. Same thing applies to the figures as well. Somehow, get rid of Snyder turned into bring back Snyder. :lol

We nerds are one of the most finicky and capricious bunches of people, indeed.

I share your sentiments as I’m sure most people here who disliked it too-for the very same reasons.
Why build these characters up so well in one universe-just to turn them on their head into cartoon esque
Characters just to try and profit from the family friendly market.
Some people here just can’t accept that true fans feel true disappointment to such a great start.

The thing is it backfired big time for WB- cut movie to 2 hrs- bring Whedon in to lighten parts of it up- etc
They should have kept Snyder's version and take their chances with it- the cutting of the length should not have been done at all.

Maybe the cutting was done just a month or two ago because WB was sure it wasn't going to make alot so they figured shaving time down might net a few extra dollars. Wrong

The thing is it backfired big time for WB- cut movie to 2 hrs- bring Whedon in to lighten parts of it up- etc
They should have kept Snyder's version and take their chances with it- the cutting of the length should not have been done at all.

Maybe the cutting was done just a month or two ago because WB was sure it wasn't going to make alot so they figured shaving time down might net a few extra dollars. Wrong

I've never understood this studio mindset.. What are the 2 highest grossing movies of all time? Titanic and avatar... Both really, really, long flicks. They are so out of touch in every way.

As for JL I finally saw it and I went in with high hopes but to be frank I hated it. I loved MoS and BvS and to see what this was made into to appeal to the people who were going to hate it anyway is very saddening. Never! Dumb yourself down for the haters, they will still tear you apart.

There was only one thing I liked in the whole move *Spoilers* and that was when Superman was holding the rest at bay and flash ran up from the side and superman did the real time creepy head turn while everything else was in slow motion. That was pure magic.

As for superman in general I feel he really got shortchanged. It's fine if this is the character he was going to end up being, I have no problem with that; however there was no development to get there. He just returned as a 2d cutout version of his cartoon self. I no longer felt I was looking at a human being.

It's clear so much of aquamans stuff was cut and there was going to be a lot more backstory as well.

Honestly I felt like 40-60% of the movie was reshot, not 20% as sources earlier said. It's been completely butchered. I even wonder if a Snyder cut can save it because the compromises seem to go back before whedon stepped on because WB didn't have faith in what was being done.

The beginning itself was so jarring with the whole world going to hell montage set to Everybody knows, and then we get that really weird and hokey batman scene where he's floating on the parademon. In BVS he single handedly took out a room full of trained martial artist killers armed with knives, guns, automatic weapons, grenades and freaking flame throwers in under a minute. And now we get him playing hide and seek behind a water tower with one fat guy with a gun..

Basically batman and superman were completely different people. WW was the same but that's cause she never had much depth to begin with. I thought flash and cyborg were fine for what they were.

Well I hope if the Snyder cut happens they excise every last frame of Whedons and replace the music as well, adding in 2 hours worth of Snyder material (lol) coz I don't think anything less than that can save this mess. Very sad! Well as sad as I can be over a movie lol.

I also seen that bens stunt double and Zacks cinematographer are on board for the Snyder cut now too.

WB should give us the Snyder cut and the regular theatrical version on blu ray-best hope we have anyhow. The whole thing seems shrouded in mystery as to why Snyder never saw the final film or even came back to finish it??

To be fair, I hated theatrical BvS, mostly because of non-coherent story and bad editing/pacing. The ultimate edition is the one I love that solved most of the problems for me.

Well, blame Paramount to be total d**ks and not let Cavill shave for the reshoots even when WB offer them to pay for a CGI beard, which is reportedly insanely easier task than recreate half of his face.

Why even cgi the moustache? Make up artists can easily do a fake moustache. No digital effects needed. Paramount was just being dicks.

This should have been a sign to WB that if they were gonna rework the film they should have pushed it to summer 2018 or just released snyder's original version.

Back