Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed the BVS theatrical cut as well unlike a lot of people but knew there were some things missing around the edges. About the only thing I didn't like in BVS was the scene where WW is looking at the email with their video files. Broke up the momentum near the end.

Don't get too upset guys- this will blow over and lead to something new in a couple months. Yes now the most despised and hated film ever on these boards is somehow gotten better and has some respect. Yes BvS. However it's a shell game to deepen the trashing of JL. They hope you forget the thrashing they gave Snyder. Now I actually read some complimentary things about Snyder cause the Whedon hate is on. Read and I mean read what these clowns are saying after two years of trashing BvS. Make up your own mind.

I really doubt anyone here has changed their opinion about BvS in the last year. Personally I still think it's a flawed movie with an overly grim tone and a central conflict that feels incredibly forced and doesn't work all that well. The Extended Cut definitely helps the story flow better and feel more complete... but it's still not what I would call a great movie.

That said, it and MOS at least had a very distinct and memorable style, and an edgier and more serious tone that felt different from most other superhero movies. Which are two things I think the generic JL really could have used a lot more of.

I have all the HT JL figures preorderd but after actually seeing the movie supes is the only one that I want. :funny:
Hope he goes up for PO soon.
Hope he has a smiling head sculpt

I really doubt anyone here has changed their opinion about BvS in the last year. Personally I still think it's a flawed movie with an overly grim tone and a central conflict that feels incredibly forced and doesn't work all that well. The Extended Cut definitely helps the story flow better and feel more complete... but it's still not what I would call a great movie.

That said, it and MOS at least had a very distinct and memorable style, and an edgier and more serious tone that felt different from most other superhero movies. Which are two things I think the generic JL really could have used a lot more of.

BVS is a film which has a lot of good parts that ultimately aren't added together perfectly, which I think is a bit of a theme with Snyder films. He does great cinematic work and can tell a lot of story with his talents, but benefits when partnered with someone who helps navigate and build that narrative with him. There are parts of BvS that I really enjoy, only to be boggled by shortly after - but it looks pretty the whole time.

I can't find the source now but I have read week ago that... Snyder's family tragedy happened in March, he left JL after 2 or 3 months...He had a contract and was forced by WB to finish the movie, he did.. it was 3 hours long. WB didn't like the serious tone again and asked him to make some reshoots and cut it to 2 hours. Snyder refused, so WB fired him, after Zack ,Junkie XL was fired too. also that guy who was posting it said that the company he is working for, still has a working process on a visual effects. So he gave us a hope for extended cut.
For me this sounds legit. I can't see any sense into leaving JL after 3 months when family tragedy happened in March.

I enjoyed the BVS theatrical cut as well unlike a lot of people but knew there were some things missing around the edges. About the only thing I didn't like in BVS was the scene where WW is looking at the email with their video files. Broke up the momentum near the end.

I'm the same way. While I still liked the theatrical cut of BvS, it really does pale in comparison to the UE and the UE shows just how much the theatrical cut left out. Though technically, the UE is a "theater cut" as well because it was showed in select theaters for an evening, so it wasn't something that just went to DVD.

The UE of BvS is my personal favorite modern day superhero film.

I can't find the source now but I have read week ago that... Snyder's family tragedy happened in March, he left JL after 2 or 3 months...He had a contract and was forced by WB to finish the movie, he did.. it was 3 hours long. WB didn't like the serious tone again and asked him to make some reshoots and cut it to 2 hours. Snyder refused, so WB fired him, after Zack ,Junkie XL was fired too. also that guy who was posting it said that the company he is working for, still has a working process on a visual effects. So he gave us a hope for extended cut.
For me this sounds legit. I can't see any sense into leaving JL after 3 months when family tragedy happened in March.

Yeah plus for 'wanting to take a break from filming' after his tragic loss... What's the first thing he does? He goes home and shoots a film with his friends on his iPhone lol. Does that make any sense? It's clearly in his blood to do this, and I think probably more healing to have this kind of work to focus on. And as you said he leaves 3 months down the road. WB just used it as an excuse for him to save face so they could change it into what we got. I mean Junkie XL didn't have a tragedy and he was taken off too.

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories but it just doesn't add up here.

I hope you're right about the continuing vfx processes, and we get a 100% Snyder film down the road.

Yeah plus for 'wanting to take a break from filming' after his tragic loss... What's the first thing he does? He goes home and shoots a film with his friends on his iPhone lol. Does that make any sense? It's clearly in his blood to do this, and I think probably more healing to have this kind of work to focus on. And as you said he leaves 3 months down the road. WB just used it as an excuse for him to save face so they could change it into what we got. I mean Junkie XL didn't have a tragedy and he was taken off too.

I hope you're right about the continuing vfx processes, and we get a 100% Snyder film down the road.

What movie?

Totally, I'm saying exactly same. if he was not forced by WB about finishing the movie he would leave JL in March when tragedy happened. No sense at all. I follow him on VERO. he was really exited about JL and was posting random pictures from the set,its his personal account no business. He also had several parties and had an amazing halloween , but didn't appear at any premiere event or interview , he clearly said that he has not seen the final cut of the movie. Also his son is posting that JL is not what it could be. makes sense right? if leaving JL was his idea he would kept same track about promoting movie and he would attend to premieres. its a natural human behavior for me. He is abused by WB. Also nobody mentioned him in any interview . remember BvS and MOS promotion and night shows? they were invited everywhere.

I'm the same way. While I still liked the theatrical cut of BvS, it really does pale in comparison to the UE and the UE shows just how much the theatrical cut left out. Though technically, the UE is a "theater cut" as well because it was showed in select theaters for an evening, so it wasn't something that just went to DVD.

The UE of BvS is my personal favorite modern day superhero film.
It's probably my favorite superhero movie too. I enjoyed the theatrical cut, but it was missing stuff that advanced the plot. The UE fixed the free lingering questions I had.

Regarding Snyder's departure, I absolutely see why he left, but I also imagine that WB used that as their excuse to exert more of the studio's vision. Making an iPhone movie with friends seems like a pleasant way for a filmmaker to decompress and have fun with no stress. I read that Snyder said he hadn't seen the film as of a couple days after opening, and I can't blame him.

Yeah if it's true WB is trying to distance themselves from Snyder now, it seems unlikely they'd let him release his own extended cut of the movie on blu-ray. Especially if there's a chance it might make their theatrical cut look a lot worse in comparison.

It's probably my favorite superhero movie too. I enjoyed the theatrical cut, but it was missing stuff that advanced the plot. The UE fixed the free lingering questions I had.

Regarding Snyder's departure, I absolutely see why he left, but I also imagine that WB used that as their excuse to exert more of the studio's vision. Making an iPhone movie with friends seems like a pleasant way for a filmmaker to decompress and have fun with no stress. I read that Snyder said he hadn't seen the film as of a couple days after opening, and I can't blame him.

The studio doesn't seem like they know what they hell theyre doing. I wish they'd just let their directors do what they hired them to do instead of trying to wrestle them for creative control.

Yeah if it's true WB is trying to distance themselves from Snyder now, it seems unlikely they'd let him release his own extended cut of the movie on blu-ray. Especially if there's a chance it might make their theatrical cut look a lot worse in comparison.

Depends on whether they're willing to possibly forfeit the sales that would result in such a release in order to keep up appearances.
It does however make them look worse since this would be the second time they've stifled Snyder's cut and at the same time threw
him to the wolves in the process.

Last edited:
Depends on whether they're willing to possibly forfeit the sales that would result in such a release in order to keep up appearances.
It does however make them look worse since this would be the second time they've stifled Snyder's cut and at the same time threw
him to the wolves in the process.

I think it's likely we'll get an extended cut of the film when it's released on Blu Ray or digital. Regarding a Zach Snyder cut though, I think it depends on whether or not Warner Bros would be willing to put up the money to complete some of those unfinished effects shots. It could be that if they do release an extended cut, it will at least be closer to what Zach Snyder had in mind when he was filming the movie. But with its disappointing box office returns, I'm not optimistic that Warner Bros would be willing to sink anymore money into completing unfinished effects shots. I hope I'm wrong though, because I'd love to see the Zach Snyder cut of the film.

Johnny1378
I don't think we will get pure Snyder's cut but there are high chances for extended cut 2:40. I'm sure all Whedon reshoots are already in so they must add Snyder's stuff there and its already confirmed by insider that they are still working on the visual effects. fingers crossed.

Johnny1378
I don't think we will get pure Snyder's cut but there are high chances for extended cut 2:40. I'm sure all Whedon reshoots are already in so they must add Snyder's stuff there and its already confirmed by insider that they are still working on the visual effects. fingers crossed.

That would be great. I really hope it happens. The extended cut of Batman v Superman made a huge difference, IMO. I could see an extended cut of Justice League playing the same way. I really like what we got in the theater, but I think allowing more time for the new characters like Cyborg, Aquaman, and Flash to develop would have been even better.

The studio doesn't seem like they know what they hell theyre doing. I wish they'd just let their directors do what they hired them to do instead of trying to wrestle them for creative control.

It doesn't help that they gut movies to fit them into a smaller time slot to get more screenings per day. I can understand that from a business point of view, but if it makes the movie suffer is it really worth it? But yeah, in general it seems like WB has a lot of out-of-touch people tampering with the product in order to meet the studios vision, even if their vision is off base. But that seems commonplace in most major studios these days. It also probably doesn't help that WB seems to panic when it appears that things won't go the way they hoped and their only response is knee-jerk reactions that result in major, unnecessary changes. Which sometimes seems to make the problem worse (ie. Suicide Squad)

Last edited:

Good post ! That's spot on.

@Jorjecroft : really hope that inside info is correct about the extended cut and finishing off the CG effects.

It doesn't help that they gut movies to fit them into a smaller time slot to get more screenings per day. I can understand that from a business point of view, but if it makes the movie suffer is it really worth it? But yeah, in general it seems like WB has a lot of out-of-touch people tampering with the product in order to meet the studios vision, even if their vision is off base. But that seems commonplace in most major studios these days. It also probably doesn't help that WB seems to panic when it appears that things won't go the way they hoped and their only response is knee-jerk reactions that result in major, unnecessary changes. Which sometimes seems to make the problem worse (ie. Suicide Squad)

:exactly:

The pressure seems to be on WB releasing a much longer version- to boost blu ray sales- I think we will get it- but what cut we will gets remains to be seen

Back