Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pressure seems to be on WB releasing a much longer version- to boost blu ray sales- I think we will get it- but what cut we will gets remains to be seen

Man I hope so. Assume it'll be into February / March or so next year before we get it I guess.

I'm also hoping the delays are because of them trying to get it right, instead of offering us the slightly recolored BvS superman they have shown so far. Needs a new sculpt (Less serious expression, updated hair-style) and the muscle padding on the suit needs a noticeably lighter blue highlight. But something tells me they're going to be lazy about it. I hope i'm wrong because If they nail it, I will order it for sure.

So I changed stances and plan on collecting the entire team from JL. I have an entire AoU Avengers team and I have always in general liked the JL as a team better, so it didn't make sense to me to have an Avengers display and no JL. :lol

That said, I strongly feel this will be my last Cavill Superman, no matter what. Three is more than enough and I think each of these three renditions sufficiently represent the character's arc within the DCEU: MoS (birth) - BvS (death) - JL (rebirth and beyond)

I'm also hoping the delays are because of them trying to get it right, instead of offering us the slightly recolored BvS superman they have shown so far. Needs a new sculpt (Less serious expression, updated hair-style) and the muscle padding on the suit needs a noticeably lighter blue highlight. But something tells me they're going to be lazy about it. I hope i'm wrong because If they nail it, I will order it for sure.

I can see this potentially happening.

It'll get a newly fabricated sculpt for sure, but I fear that's all it may boast in addition to simply a slightly lighter version of the BvS suit. The body will probably be the exact same as the BvS figure, with no slightly different pattern to the abdominal section and no slightly lighter blue highlights to the muscle padding.

As I mentioned a few pages back, I really hope they use this photo as a reference when fabricating the sculpt:

fe259e76e4d57d9ae7f213f580655eab--justice-league--superman.jpg

I strongly suspect they used that early BvS promo photo of Supes standing in the rain when they sculpted the BvS sculpt, so I have high hopes they will likely do the same here and use that particular above photo when doing the JL one.

So I changed stances and plan on collecting the entire team from JL. I have an entire AoU Avengers team and I have always in general liked the JL as a team better, so it didn't make sense to me to have an Avengers display and no JL. :lol

I figured that getting the entire JL lineup was your initial one and only stance:lol I know it was for me, even before I saw the film.
I mean how often will getting an entire line of the highly detailed cinematic rendition of the team occur? The fact that the film is highly
enjoyable only makes the anticipation grander.

I figured that getting the entire JL lineup was your initial one and only stance:lol I know it was for me, even before I saw the film.
I mean how often will getting an entire line of the highly detailed cinematic rendition of the team occur? The fact that the film is highly
enjoyable only makes the anticipation grander.

Yes, enjoying the film certainly helped in the decision. :lol

I now have Tactical Bats, Flash and WW on PO. I'll PO Superman, but I'm going to hold off on Cyborg and Aquaman because I can see those two coming way down in price on the secondary market and/or future deals at SSC.

I went with Tactical Bats as the Batman for this display because it's the suit he wore in the final fight when Supes joined the team. My BvS Batman will serve as my Batfleck in his regular outfit being that I like the BvS version better of his regular suit. After this Tactical Batman, that will also be my final Batfleck. This will be my final WW as well, being that I'll have the JL one, BvS and the TA version. For all other JL characters, these will be the only versions that I'll stick with.

Went to see this the other day and enjoyed it much more than BvS (which I hated, less than Rogue One, but pretty close). Looking forward to ordering Superman.

I half suspected you would cave in the end, these things are stupidly addictive! :lol Does that include both Batman figures or just the tactical suit? I'm still unsure on the regular suit version unless they give him a Wayne sculpt.

Just the tactical suit, for two reasons:

1. That's the suit he had on when Supes joined the team.
2. I already have regular BvS Bats and I like that regular suit rendition better.

Went to see this the other day and enjoyed it much more than BvS (which I hated, less than Rogue One, but pretty close). Looking forward to ordering Superman.

That's interesting that you hated Rogue One. Have never heard anyone say that. Why ?

Getting more and more nervous about the sculpt lol . Bats looking real good tho

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb7c8hlBnzm/

Just in case:

placeholder (plural placeholders). Something used or included temporarily or as a substitute for something that is not known or must remain generic; that which holds, denotes or reserves a place for something to come later.

I thought official pictures from HT were up or are they already in this thread? What page?

I thought official pictures from HT were up or are they already in this thread? What page?

Did you see them somewhere else to make you think that? As far as I know, I haven't seen them in this thread. Just mostly the pictures of the prototype from SDCC.

Back