Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The slicked back hair was more prevalent in JW1.

Maybe it's just me, but I was watching JW1 yesterday after watching JW3, and the first film kind of feels like a different movie. Maybe it was the music, like the song "Killing Strangers" or the way JW looks compared to JW3, or the fact that the world of assassins feels smaller and more grounded than in the sequels, but it just feels like a tv pilot, before the show finds its footing in subsequent seasons.

Yea I still like part 1 the most, probably because of that smaller "world" where all the action takes place. They've definitely gone bigger in each sequel, part 2 introducing us to one other Continental, and part 3 with multiple. Wonder which direction the 4th will go.

Yea I still like part 1 the most, probably because of that smaller "world" where all the action takes place. They've definitely gone bigger in each sequel, part 2 introducing us to one other Continental, and part 3 with multiple. Wonder which direction the 4th will go.

The High Table. I wish Tom Cruise was the head of the high table, so JW and Cruise can have a shoot out and a one on one fight. Cruise played an assassin in Collateral with similar moves and tactics as Joh Wick.

The High Table. I wish Tom Cruise was the head of the high table, so JW and Cruise can have a shoot out and a one on one fight. Cruise played an assassin in Collateral with similar moves and tactics as Joh Wick.

ohhh yea high table, that should be good I just wonder if its gonna have John Wick hopping from continent to continent. Mission Impossible vs John Wick :lol

Yeah, as much as I love this highly ritualized world he lives in, it is starting to get just a bit too huge and far-fetched for my taste. Especially when they can somehow have multiple assassins hiding out on every street of every city in the world. Lol

Ironically it kind of reminds me of how the Matrix movies became far less interesting the bigger and more convoluted they made that world, as it just got too far away from the straightforward type of story that made the first movie work so well.

Well it's a JW movie, and Tom Cruise is holier-than-thou so there's no way he'd agree to be killed or outmatched by our man Keanu.

I'd like the high table to have someone who is so above conflict and fighting that it requires John to outwit him rather than brawl him. We've seen that side of him, you don't become the Baba Yaga without being cunning and clever.

In regards to where we go next - the way to nail the next sequel is to go SMALL (so maybe they do need Tom Cruise then). Bring the film back to the tightly contained format of the first one to subvert expectations and then build from that small base once again.

What I want to know is if John's going to go after Winston for real now.

Well it's a JW movie, and Tom Cruise is holier-than-thou so there's no way he'd agree to be killed or outmatched by our man Keanu.

I'd like the high table to have someone who is so above conflict and fighting that it requires John to outwit him rather than brawl him. We've seen that side of him, you don't become the Baba Yaga without being cunning and clever.

In regards to where we go next - the way to nail the next sequel is to go SMALL (so maybe they do need Tom Cruise then). Bring the film back to the tightly contained format of the first one to subvert expectations and then build from that small base once again.

What I want to know is if John's going to go after Winston for real now.

Winston didn't look worried at the end, so who knows what that means.

Cruise played a villain in Collateral and *spoilers*….he doesn't win, but he might be too big of a star to be in JW. I believe the high table has 12 members, so I'd like someone with a high status to be the leader, maybe a well known action hero or a big name actor/actress. Maybe Trinity from the Matrix films could be one of the members.

I'm sure JW can be cunning and clever, but he's also irrational and too emotional. He chose not to honor the blood marker, and that got him in trouble in JW2. Then, he broke the #1 rule of the continental because he's too emotional. In JW3, he makes a deal with the elder, then breaks it. He is his own worst enemy.

Didn't we meet the head of the high table in this last film? It was that dude that spends all day just chilling in the desert doing nothing; with some magical ability to find people that have recently passed out from exhaustion.

Didn't we meet the head of the high table in this last film? It was that dude that spends all day just chilling in the desert doing nothing; with some magical ability to find people that have recently passed out from exhaustion.

I was highly disappointed with the portrayal of the “elder”. I certainly did not expect someone younger that Wick, would have been excellent had they cast an older action star of the past. Someone who would have felt like Proximo from Gladiator perhaps.

I was highly disappointed with the portrayal of the “elder”. I certainly did not expect someone younger that Wick, would have been excellent had they cast an older action star of the past. Someone who would have felt like Proximo from Gladiator perhaps.

If Omar Sharif was still alive, he would have been perfect.

Having thought about it since last night, the Manager role is too similar to Proximo to have a 2nd character like that. I kind of expected a grizzled old version of Wick, the previous Boogie Man so to speak. Honestly leading up to that scene sitting in the theater I expected the “elder” to pass the title on to Wick and set him to the task of culling the High Table down a little. Simply setting Wick out to kill Winston seems like too small a task for him at this point, considering how everyone views him. If they expected him to kill the three leaders the adjunctor visited previously maybe. All people from his past that he had any sort of loyalty to.

I felt the beginning of this movie was leading to a NYC vs. the High Table showdown. Whereas it ended right back at Wick vs. Everyone. I think a second viewing this weekend is warranted.

Guys, can anybody point me to a retailer in Europe that still have one of these available ... pretty please :)

Paid my first payment on SS so i can get him with just the remaining balance once released. After seeing that Sideshow Live video the figure looked amazing and now I'm just excited to get him.

I might do the same, they seem to be the only ones that still have him on pre-order ... will have to pay the import duties (auch)

JW will not go after Winston. It's part of the plan. Winston actually saved everyone by shooting JW on the roof, including JW. Winston got to save face and keep his hotel, Wick looks to be out if the picture, and the Bowery King is alive because he didn't receive his full comeuppance. (I only counted 6 slashes, not 7) Chapter 4 will be JW, BK, and Winston clearing out the High Table. Traditions will be changed, a new leader installed, (maybe Wick) or JW will be excommunicated once and for all without a bounty on his head. He will be allowed to leave in peace. Really, that's the best option. It's too costly to them to keep sending people after him. Between him and Thanos, there won't be many people left.

Back