Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some really nice, clear shots of the figure in that one. I think the sculpt works well enough, but just wish they had given him a more intense expression. Right now he just looks a bit too relaxed for someone either pissed off or constantly fighting for his life the way we see him in these movies.

Some really nice, clear shots of the figure in that one. I think the sculpt works well enough, but just wish they had given him a more intense expression. Right now he just looks a bit too relaxed for someone either pissed off or constantly fighting for his life the way we see him in these movies.

I tend to agree, but every time Hot Toys does a single expressive sculpt for a character that is not an extra they catch hell.

It's Keanu. The man is almost a robot anyways. I think a slicked back hair sculpt without the cuts on his face would've been cool to match the poster.

vIgJk36.jpg

I really don't see Keanu in the Eleven sculpt. I see the John Wick "look", but not Keanu. I think the beard is more defined on the sides, which is better, but the nose and mouth look off to me. It also looks a bit too skinny, imo. Keanu in the JW film looks a bit more puffy, like he's a bit heavier than he was in the Matrix. His unique beard style on the sides makes his puffy face look slimmer than it actually is, so if we make the sides of the HT's beard a little darker, it would look even better....I think.

I think you’re right. I don’t see Keanu in the loose hair eleven sculpt. It looks better though in the slick back hair (though the sculpt is the sa,e). The HT, I don’t know yet. It’s better but kind of a let down it seems. I’ll wait for it to be in hand to be sure.

I think you’re right. I don’t see Keanu in the loose hair eleven sculpt. It looks better though in the slick back hair (though the sculpt is the sa,e). The HT, I don’t know yet. It’s better but kind of a let down it seems. I’ll wait for it to be in hand to be sure.

I own both of the Eleven sculpts as well as the MG toys one, and I'd still say HT passes them all up. Eleven's were passable at the time but they don't hold a candle to the HT one. I'd like to see Eleven give it another go for an angry sculpt, though, as his works and sculpt partnerships seem to just get better with each release. His Bruce Wayne V2 is great.

I really don't see Keanu in the Eleven sculpt. I see the John Wick "look", but not Keanu. I think the beard is more defined on the sides, which is better, but the nose and mouth look off to me. It also looks a bit too skinny, imo. Keanu in the JW film looks a bit more puffy, like he's a bit heavier than he was in the Matrix. His unique beard style on the sides makes his puffy face look slimmer than it actually is, so if we make the sides of the HT's beard a little darker, it would look even better....I think.
Yea, Keanu definitely does have a very unique look. He is naturally slim but with a large frame, and he looks like he hasn't taken super great care of himself since his Matrix days; atleast not to the obsessive degree that most celebrities do. From what ive heard, some pretty nasty injuries have kept him from regularly training throughout his life.

Yea, Keanu definitely does have a very unique look. He is naturally slim but with a large frame, and he looks like he hasn't taken super great care of himself since his Matrix days; atleast not to the obsessive degree that most celebrities do. From what ive heard, some pretty nasty injuries have kept him from regularly training throughout his life.

More power to him. He looks great and does the majority of his own stunts at the age of 54 without looking like a beefed up piece of meat left to tan in the sun for an age.

Bloody love the guy! I have no idea how he does it. What a dood.

More power to him. He looks great and does the majority of his own stunts at the age of 54 without looking like a beefed up piece of meat left to tan in the sun for an age.

Bloody love the guy! I have no idea how he does it. What a dood.

I knew he was a vampire but FIFTY FOUR?!

Wow.

Honestly who knows. The past year has been weird for Sideshow. Yea 6 weeks is typical for Sideshow, but sometimes its been only days after release, and sometimes its been 2-3 months.

I've seen a few comments saying that the shirt collar is too high, making the figure look like it doesn't have a neck.

It's supposed to look that way. The costume designer gave JW an extra high collar in JW2, "The costume is extremely clean cut, slim lines, and just reduced to the essential. In John Wick 2, we introduced the high collar…so that has become his trademark now – a very imposing high collar.."

JW 1 collar
2f24imC.jpg

JW 2 high collar
RMOi6vl.jpg

Just ordered myself a second one of these. Might get a white shirt to change it up but the suit on it looks so good il wait to see what I think when I get it.
Have already got my 1/6 beagle to go with it tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen a few comments saying that the collar of the shirt is too high, making the figure look like it doesn't have a neck.

It's supposed to look that way. The costume designer gave JW an extra high collar in JW2, "The costume is extremely clean cut, slim lines, and just reduced to the essential. In John Wick 2, we introduced the high collar…so that has become his trademark now – a very imposing high collar.."

JW 1 collar
2f24imC.jpg

JW 2 high collar
RMOi6vl.jpg

Interesting about the collar. And yeah looking at those pics we definitely need a slicked-back hair sculpt. It's just way too cool a look.

Interesting about the collar. And yeah looking at those pics we definitely need a slicked-back hair sculpt. It's just way too cool a look.

If the figure was a DX, they might have included a second sculpt. I doubt HT will make another JW figure, so if I had to pick just one hair style, I'd pick the one we got because it looks better in action poses.

If the figure was a DX, they might have included a second sculpt. I doubt HT will make another JW figure, so if I had to pick just one hair style, I'd pick the one we got because it looks better in action poses.
I kinda agree, though the slick back hair is cool it's not how i see john in the films, his hair is usually a mess from fighting so that's how i would want him posed.

Back