Hot Toys "Iron Whiplash" figure (Whiplash Mark II)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the need for Diecast or any different material to add weight & drive the price up, especially if it can be made with cheaper materials, cost less and look the same.

Can anyone see a $250 difference between Play Imaginative's Diecast Iron Man line and Hot Toys Iron Man line?

I can't.

I collect them, and they are toys, dolls whatever you wanna call them. Just like an expensive toy car! ... I dont have a toy car but i do have these expensive toys!... I dont take any offence on these being called as toys!
As a kid i was always a fan of action figures. As an adult i am a fan of the movies. Many of these "toys" are the intersection points for me between movies and action figures and hence i cherish them!

I collect toys with pride! ... Except them ironmen, whiplash yes but noooooooo ironman...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1238758_520966084650768_684816764_n.jpg

:yess: :panic: :rock

So it is diecast. My heart just broke. At least my wallet won't!

If you own the Bandai Threepio you will see what a difference Die-cast makes, sure it's not really neccessary but the difference in quality, overall feel and class is miles ahead. It just takes the figure to a new level.

The odd figure here or there is cool but die-cast needs to be limited.

From Facebook
Diecast. Easily $300+
1238758_520966084650768_684816764_n.jpg

Is that a picture of the Mark VII Battle Damage or Mark 42? If it's the VII, I didn't know it would be done in diecast. Unless it's just the Iron Whiplash that's diecast.

DISAPPOINTED!!!

I hate diecast for 1/6 figures. Heavy, resulting in more potential damage if they fall, and the ability to pose them more limited due to the extra mass and increased chance for paint damage.

Depending on price, I may suck it up and buy it anyway, as I really like the character design, but I'll always wish this was a normal release.

Is that a picture of the Mark VII Battle Damage or Mark 42? If it's the VII, I didn't know it would be done in diecast. Unless it's just the Iron Whiplash that's diecast.

Have you seen IM3? That is the MKVII and only Iron Whiplash is diecast, hence the word next to him only.

DISAPPOINTED!!!

I hate diecast for 1/6 figures. Heavy, resulting in more potential damage if they fall, and the ability to pose them more limited due to the extra mass and increased chance for paint damage.

[ame]https://youtu.be/84zY33QZO5o[/ame]

DISAPPOINTED!!!

Depending on price, I may suck it up and buy it anyway, as I really like the character design, but I'll always wish this was a normal release.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9gC1GiSDDA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9gC1GiSDDA[/ame]

DISAPPOINTED!!!

How many diecast 1/6 do you have? ... There havent been many made so am just wondering what is the logic behind this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Have you seen IM3? That is the MKVII and only Iron Whiplash is diecast, hence the word next to him only.

I have done graphic art for an advertisement company for 5+ years. Sidebar text in such a large font size indicates subject header for the entire page and not a portion of it. Hence the reason for asking. And yes, I have seen IM3. Have you? :dunno

I have done graphic art for an advertisement company for 5+ years. Sidebar text in such a large font size indicates subject header for the entire page and not a portion of it. Hence the reason for asking. And yes, I have seen IM3. Have you? :dunno

Yeah, I bet the Chitauri figure will be done in Diecast too :lol

Plus, Hot Toys would've announced the BD Mark VII as a Diecast Movie Master Piece Series if it was in fact Diecast...but they didn't....because it won't be. But let's just wait and see from Hot Toys to be 100% sure.

Still not a peep on this guy. I would have thought they would be putting him up for preorder seeing as bd mk7 is right around the corner and he was on the same magazine page. I wonder if they are waiting to announce him with igor and Gemini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back