Hot Toys "Iron Whiplash" figure (Whiplash Mark II)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its an insta buy for me. Waiting a long time for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is an insta buy for me as well, that's a no brainer.

HT taking this product from what was believed to be MMS line to Diecast is just a rude awakening to what was already perceived to be an expensive figure.

I think 350 sounds right for this guy but I could see 400 and not be surprised. He's a must for me so it really doesn't matter at this point, put him up for preorder already!!

I thinknit will be about 329 or so. Wll be slightly more expensive than robo.

So other than the early pic of the face sculpt,there's been no other preview of it.
If it's going to be an expensive diecast,the face sculpt better be dead on.

Daaaaang, never would've thought they'd go die-cast with this. Seemed that fad was sort of petering-out a bit, but love the design, so I'll acquiesce this time. This is the only figure I'll be picking-up from IM2/3, so I can justify it, but still think die-cast is a poor choice. Doesn't add anything but weight and the illusion of value, IMO.

This need not be diecast. War Machine, both original and MILK edition, look great done in plastic.

It would look just as great non-diecast, and maybe $70-80 cheaper.

So glad its Diecast, will give it a more real feel and less like a toy.

If anything has to be diecast.. It has to be this one. From the entire ironman line i have only whiplash 1 and i would love to buy this one.

I don't understand the need for these to not "feel" like a toy.

1. It's a toy. A very expensive, collectible toy. But a toy.
2. How often will you feel how heavy it is, and do you really need that satisfaction? I'd rather have them be lighter and not fall over and smash every shelf on the way down.

If they made this like the rest of the IM figures, using a paint app similar to MK2AU, then I'll be a happy guy.

i dont think these are toys. these arent handed to 10 year olds to play with, usually. they look like toys we grew up with, they appeal to our sense of nostalgia, but these are more art or sculptures, detailed renderings of movie heroes or villians meant for display, 3D art.....not toys. not to me.

2. How often will you feel how heavy it is, and do you really need that satisfaction? I'd rather have them be lighter and not fall over and smash every shelf on the way down.

If they made this like the rest of the IM figures, using a paint app similar to MK2AU, then I'll be a happy guy.

Oh yeah sorry should of explained, I dont just collect figures, but my hobby really is to collect all kinds of different high end collectables, such as high quality resin supercars, watches, and staues etc, so for me a diecast figure would be a welcome addition to my collection as Its different from anything else I have.

But I understand that those who only collect plastic figures would see Diecast as not fitting in with what they have.

i dont think these are toys. these arent handed to 10 year olds to play with, usually. they look like toys we grew up with, they appeal to our sense of nostalgia, but these are more art or sculptures, detailed renderings of movie heroes or villians meant for display, 3D art.....not toys. not to me.

I totally agree, but the term "toys" encompasses a larger scope than "something you'd give to a ten year old". They are called Hot TOYS after all. Either way it's not something you normally handle or play with on a regular basis, so why does it weighing more matter? I don't need die cast weight to feel like I got my money's worth. I don't buy them based on how much they weigh.

I don't know, I just don't think the price hike is worth a few bits of metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back