Hot Toys "Iron Whiplash" figure (Whiplash Mark II)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they're switching him over to pure metal! :yess:

And then one tips over in a Detolf, and because it weighs a stupidly heavy amount, it shatters a shelf, then the one below that, then the one below that, leaving glass ruin everywhere, and all of a sudden die-cast seems like a really crappy idea....

While I'd prefer if IW is not diecast (I think due to its size it would just be beastly heavy), I'm onboard with whatever they release since it's such a fantastic design. I wouldn't be worried about it falling over anymore than Iron Monger, though. Don't think stability will be an issue. I'm more concerned with shipping weight and maybe loose joints in time, since his limbs would be so heavy.

While I'd prefer if IW is not diecast (I think due to its size it would just be beastly heavy), I'm onboard with whatever they release since it's such a fantastic design. I wouldn't be worried about it falling over anymore than Iron Monger, though. Don't think stability will be an issue. I'm more concerned with shipping weight and maybe loose joints in time, since his limbs would be so heavy.

:goodpost: :exactly: :hi5:

Given Hot Toys newly found affinity for bundling figures. It may be possible that the whiplash mark II could be bundled with a Iron Man Mark VI. Wouldn't be terribly difficult and probably very popular.

Sounds expensive.

And then one tips over in a Detolf, and because it weighs a stupidly heavy amount, it shatters a shelf, then the one below that, then the one below that, leaving glass ruin everywhere, and all of a sudden die-cast seems like a really crappy idea....

Somehow.. I don't think that will be a problem, no matter how much diecast they use.

detolfShelf70lbs_zps1b27f00b.jpg

Somehow.. I don't think that will be a problem, no matter how much diecast they use.

detolfShelf70lbs_zps1b27f00b.jpg

People just exaggerate stuff! ... Even if detolfs would break it makes no sense for hot toys to not make some stuff just so that detolfs would hold them. Anyways, i am looking forward to this and more so cause its die cast. My worry is more on how nice the quality of the stuff would be (hope no cutting corners etc) and if thats great am all set and happy!

I do not think they will be that heavy. They are only something like 40% die cast, so the should be roughly about half the weight of the Tamashii C-3PO.

That's a really good point. I remember reading at the beginning that the diecast line was only something like 40%, but it's been so long that I kind of slipped into thinking it would be 90% or whatever 3PO is. Will be interesting to get the WM Mk II in-hand, to see if the diecast really adds anything but heft to the figure or if it makes sense in context. It's just kind of an odd percentage of metal to plastic to be called "discast".

I always find it funny, its like Detolf's and Hot Toys go hand and hand, lol, I have 2 of them, you have to go that 54$ route when Hot toys cost so much... good value for the money, thanks iKea, now don't ever discontinue the shelves....

So is this figure still a go?
Saw on the OSR Facebook page,some one was asking about the status of it.
Some one said "according to HT CEO it was cancelled"
Did we miss something?
LOL

That would suck... one of the best looking figures they could make.

"Someone said" = Some troll said.

Still a green light until HT confirms it's canceled.

HT is still very happy and very much in love with IM. They are still make ALL the armors from IM3, so i am sure they will make this.

I dont think they will cancel this, if anything this one is a insta sell for them...

I hope they won't make this in diecast
Even in plastic, it will cost a bomb :slap

I think part of the delay was diecast takes longer to make and they already have 7 armors (IP, MK42, Igor, Silver Centurion, Heartbreaker, Starboost and red snapper) that they need to finish and get out the door. But after getting the WM MKII, I hope they do make it in diecast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back