Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK III PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm.. I also saw mark 3's with the black piece inside the shoulder armor that's fading in color.

Last edited:
Checked mine after reading this thread. Mine has the black plastic underneath the shoulder armors. Does that mean mine is 2nd batch?
If yes then it's no guarantee as the abdomen piece is also fading.
I had it displayed in my cabinet for about 2 months now.

I'm really sure now that it has something to do with the mixture of coloring and the plastic material HT used. Here's hoping BD mark3 doesn't have this problem.

Last edited:
So what other problems are affecting this version of MKIII? I've been looking to get one but perhaps I should just wait for the BD version? What improvements are made in the BD version?

hey guys, how do you fit stark's head on the regular ball joint of a truetype body? the hole in his head is bigger than the neck joint head. i don't want to have to buy the hot toys suit jsut to get the bigger neck ball.

hey guys, how do you fit stark's head on the regular ball joint of a truetype body? the hole in his head is bigger than the neck joint head. i don't want to have to buy the hot toys suit jsut to get the bigger neck ball.

The neck joint with the men's suit is the only one that fits exactly with the head unfortunately. And yes the hole is bigger on the tony stark head. Just wait for the Mech Test Tony for a doper, better looking head.

24.jpg

The abdomen section on my Iron Man has faded too, had it about a year on open display on a shelf...

4450781986_f434b3607c_b.jpg

Extremely noticeable in daylight...

4450781160_65ef2e168b_b.jpg

a friend of mine who displayed him in an open display has the same problem. And no, it was out of sunlight or heat, since its inside of his bed room, there wasnt any sunlight, and the AC is always on.

Then again it was the 1st batch, with the red clip, so :huh

on another note, my mark 3 just came in on sat, and hes still all shiny and nice! I might wanna get an aclyric case for him, just to make sure theres no harmful air etc:rolleyes:

Was the sun hitting your figure directly? Yours seem more severe compared to mine.

Nope, its been displayed in my room, but never directly by the window where direct sunlight can hit it. The pics were taken from natural lighting though, it is more noticeable than.

I'm guessing just exposing it out of the box to the environment is causing the fading, and probably the material they used.

Does anyone know if the BD was made from the same materials? Just wondering if it will happen with that one too.

Back