Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK III PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I've seen the mech suit I'm not impressed with the Tony sculpt on this. I also realize he has the hair from before his capture but not when he wears the Mark III.

6.jpg

These look like the Saturday Toys glasses. They'd look better if you didn't spread them so wide, over the hair on his temple. The arms don't have the ear piece, but should still hold and look better if you position them leading just down from his upper ear. If your specs have lost their pressure you might dip them in hot water and bend them slightly.

:horror
those are beautiful shots maulfan. i've just gotta ask, how do you get the lights to look so good in the pics? each time i take a pic with LEDs either on the iron man, or on the batpod, it turns out looking too bright, and i see no other details, while with your pics (and some others) the LEDs look incredible. please help :eek:

:horror
those are beautiful shots maulfan. i've just gotta ask, how do you get the lights to look so good in the pics? each time i take a pic with LEDs either on the iron man, or on the batpod, it turns out looking too bright, and i see no other details, while with your pics (and some others) the LEDs look incredible. please help :eek:

The trick is balancing the rest of the light falling on the figure or whatever with the LEDs. If you don't have enough light falling on the figure from a lamp or whatever, and then you shoot it so the LED's aren't bright, the rest will come out very black. You need the light you're casting on the figure to be about equal in brightness to the LED. It's trick, some people have taken Iron Man shots where you can really see the detail on the Arc even though it's lit, I haven't quite found the right light mix just yet to get the same effect.

Has anyone actually tried to repaint the whole IronMan suit the right color red? The HOT ROD red? I love the IronMan figure but the maroon is just bothering me a little. Was thinking of trying to find someone to repaint it for me but I'm a little apprehensive at the moment.

To me, the figure captures the film colors, the early proto images looked to red. When I think of the movie Iron Man I think of the colors looking like this.

ironman.jpg

And the figure's pretty close.

Got a repainted IM II head from CREG Customs and put on my Mark III. The colors on the gold don't match, but it is close. The red is also pretty close. It is much more noticable in the photos than life. I am pleased with the results :).
picture.php

picture.php

The repaint is on the right in the photos
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

hi guys. perhaps this has been addressed here before but i guess the thread has grown too big for me to backtrack. i've owned and displayed the mk3 since it first came out, and after all these months there seems to be some deterioration in the glossy rubber parts - the waist and the pelvis.

i can only attribute it to dust sticking on to the surface since i've experienced the same thing on other rubber based figures, but this time it's really bad due to its intended glossy look. it's now matte, rough and the different tone is very very noticeable. ugly in fact. any way to fix this? and how can i avoid this... the battled damaged mk3 will be a huge investment so i'd like to take precautions.

any tip would be helpful. btw, 2 things have crossed my mind - wipe with damp cloth, or... coat with nail polish lol! i'd like to be warned if these are not advisable... thanks

I know what you mean here about dust sticking to a figure. The texture of my HT Robocop has gone from smooth to rough due to dust that won't seem to come off. I fear the same fate for Iron Man. And I recently asked a question about the rubber midsection on Mark III seeming to be a slightly different shade to the hard parts of the figure - is this an issue on everyones figure? I imagine it'll only get worse with time?

I know what you mean here about dust sticking to a figure. The texture of my HT Robocop has gone from smooth to rough due to dust that won't seem to come off. I fear the same fate for Iron Man. And I recently asked a question about the rubber midsection on Mark III seeming to be a slightly different shade to the hard parts of the figure - is this an issue on everyones figure? I imagine it'll only get worse with time?

mine is slightly different too, i have one displayyed and one boxed, they both look the same and i got them when they first came out, so im not too worried about the difference getting worse

Back