Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're good for exaggerating depth and relative size of the subject - so the nearest and farthest points of a figure match the same proportions when a real person is shot with a more standard lens from a normal distance.

Wide angles can be fun, but I prefer flatter lenses for scale photography.

They're good for exaggerating depth and relative size of the subject - so the nearest and farthest points of a figure match the same proportions when a real person is shot with a more standard lens from a normal distance. The figure therefore looks less 'toy like' and more like the real thing. Also, because they tend to have a shorter focal length than longer lenses, so you can shoot the figure from up close and get all that sweet detail.

..but all that means nothing if the lighting set-up is no good.

I'd love to see some examples.

buy a head on ebay and call it a day

No way! It's not like this is a $20 toy..we're paying premium prices, for a high end collectible. I don't think the consumer should have to settle for anything less than what they paid for, which in this case is a premium product.

I'd love to see some examples.

I should be getting my first 17-55 in a couple of weeks, pretty excited. I'll be relying on natural light until I get some lights. Expect the first ones to be crap, I'm not as far along with my shooting as you are - but seeing as how I gave you a hard time I'll post them anyway :)

Finally set up the Mark IV with my older figs.
CIMG4829.jpg

CIMG4804.jpg

Can't wait to get VI and V. I will designate a shelf just to Iron Man. BW, WM, and Whiplash are gonna go to their own shelf.

Last edited:
Finally set up the Mark IV with my older figs.
CIMG4829.jpg

CIMG4804.jpg

Can't wait to get VI and V. I will designate a shelf just to Iron Man. BW, WM, and WM are gonna go to their own shelf.
Awesome collection.
If you're interested, their is a simple way to get your Whiplash the correct orange suit...
I think you need to pour a little bleach into a bucket of water and soak the pants until the brown wears off, leaving behind the correct orange color. Not sure on this, however. Check the Whiplash thread. :)

I should be getting my first 17-55 in a couple of weeks, pretty excited. I'll be relying on natural light until I get some lights. Expect the first ones to be crap, I'm not as far along with my shooting as you are - but seeing as how I gave you a hard time I'll post them anyway :)

Lol. I'm sure they'll be fine. Looking forward to them.

Awesome collection.
If you're interested, their is a simple way to get your Whiplash the correct orange suit...
I think you need to pour a little bleach into a bucket of water and soak the pants until the brown wears off, leaving behind the correct orange color. Not sure on this, however. Check the Whiplash thread. :)

Yeah, I decided that I was gonna do it for sure but now I can't decide if I just don't have the time or just being lazy.

I figure if I mess them up I would be able to find replacement on ebay, besides the easiest way I saw to do it on the Whiplash thread looks pretty idiot proof.

Yeah, I decided that I was gonna do it for sure but now I can't decide if I just don't have the time or just being lazy.

I figure if I mess them up I would be able to find replacement on ebay, besides the easiest way I saw to do it on the Whiplash thread looks pretty idiot proof.
Hey! Time and laziness are my excuses. Get your own. :D

Seriously though, he'll look so much better when you do.

Back