Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mookeylama,

Here is a post I made earlier that may help:
The metal spoiler, under the flap, already has a very gentle bend/curve to fit the contour of the figure's back. What you need to do is bend it a little more.

Basically, as you are closing the flap look to see which part of the metal spoiler is hitting the back of the figure. More than likely, it is somewhere near the hinge.
Now, remove the flap assembly (the flap and the attached metal spoiler) from the figure. Bend the metal spoiler very carefully at the part coming into contact with the back of the figure so that it is curving a bit more.

To help create this curve use a large diameter pen or some cylindrical object to help re-shape the top portion of the metal spoiler, the part that is coming into contact with the figure's back. Roll the metal spoiler around the surface of the pen/cylinder slowly. Try to leave the bottom half of the metal spoiler untouched.

Place the flap assembly back onto the figure and the flap should now sit closer to the figures back or may even sit flush.

Here's another I posted for the leg flaps:
Use the tool to create space all around the flap. In other words, you're trying to lift the flap/cover off the surface of the leg to create a gap all around.

From there, pull straight back at the top part of the flap. You are doing this to create more space for the hinge mechanism to work properly. To be more clear...if your figure is standing on a table you are pulling on the top half of the flap in the direction parallel to the table. Be careful. The flap will come to a stop, but you can pull it completely off if using too much force.

Finally, you can simply lift up from the bottom half of the flap in an arcward motion, just like any object would with a hinge.

Enjoy the pistons, take a few pictures, close, and never open again. :D

Well, finally heard my first offer from the distributor (turns out it was Sideshow). They offered a $25 credit if I wanted to keep the figure. Hopefully that isn't as far as it goes. If the paint work is problematic enough that I've kept him in the box since I got him, 25 bucks isn't going to make me suddenly like it, heh.

Damn, I haven' heard back yet about a possible exchange. If the online store doesn't do it, is it hard to get Hot Toys to do it? Anyone have any experience with exchanges directly to Hot Toys?

(

i'm trying to find out about contacting HT directly too. my retailer is out of these.

thanks Centurion for the info. it woulda been nice if there were li magnets to hold those 2 back flaps down.

Is there anyone who hasn't receive MK 4? cUz I pre-ordered mine last year from a ebay seller name fjacky and he's keep putting him on delay. Said he is getting from whole sale. I paid less than $210. Hopefully more wait leads me to defect free iron man.

Is there anyone who hasn't receive MK 4? cUz I pre-ordered mine last year from a ebay seller name fjacky and he's keep putting him on delay. Said he is getting from whole sale. I paid less than $210. Hopefully more wait leads me to defect free iron man.
Wow, hope you get this soon.

Ebay has a 45-day policy where you can open a case against or try to get payment back. In this case, you are well beyond that.

Does anyone know how ebay handles something like this if you were to, for example, ask for payment to be returned if your order was taking too long?

I finaly got mine yesterday and omg what an awesome figure it is...and im even more pump because the two flaps fits perfect at the back ..because the issue of always one flap dosnt laing flat really piss me off...
here's a pic of my ironman collection by now untill i get the mk vi and v...

Wow, hope you get this soon.

Ebay has a 45-day policy where you can open a case against or try to get payment back. In this case, you are well beyond that.

Does anyone know how ebay handles something like this if you were to, for example, ask for payment to be returned if your order was taking too long?

goodshipped did this same thing to me
so i got onto ebay and asked them what i can do about it
they said to contact the seller and see if they will refund your money and if they refuse and will not send the item out you can contact (i forgot what they called it but it is a legal thing to do with international trading and fraud etc)

goodshipped did this same thing to me
so i got onto ebay and asked them what i can do about it
they said to contact the seller and see if they will refund your money and if they refuse and will not send the item out you can contact (i forgot what they called it but it is a legal thing to do with international trading and fraud etc)
So it does sound like they would have to open a case against the seller.
Thanks for the feedback.

I guess I forgot to post this, but Sideshow sent me a new helmet with no trouble at all. I filled out the online CS form, attached a couple of pics, and two days later they sent me out a new one. No questions asked. Excellent customer service for me!

I'm trying to load SSC's website now and it's not happening.
Keeps giving me a 'fatal error' message.

LOL! Does that mean every time I try to load their page, someone dies? :lol

012tqp.jpg

how y'all like the C clamp thingy? i had it almost fall out of it when "flying". think it'll damage the sides over long term?

I went through 3 figures before I found one I was okay with. Do I have OCD?

My first from sideshow had a terrible paint job. Black paint running out of the lines and a big scratch on the head. It just looked sloppy. I got a replacement but I could see from the box that it still didn't look amazing. I sold that one on ebay. Bought two from BBTS and kept the one I thought looked the best from the box and sold the other on ebay. This one still has a few flaws but not nearly as many as those first three. Still a great figure though but I was a little shocked how so many had some major paint flaws where it looked like the pieces weren't in line with the paint applicator.

No, it's not OCD.
There has been a few issues lately with HT's packaging and overall quality control...and not just with the Iron Man figures. :(

Back