Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I decided that I was gonna do it for sure but now I can't decide if I just don't have the time or just being lazy.

I figure if I mess them up I would be able to find replacement on ebay, besides the easiest way I saw to do it on the Whiplash thread looks pretty idiot proof.

I have a spare pair Ill give you if you mess it up.

005-2.jpg

That's fantastic! Did you take off the shorts? Also, how did you get the head to look up that much? :huh

I should be getting my first 17-55 in a couple of weeks, pretty excited. I'll be relying on natural light until I get some lights. Expect the first ones to be crap, I'm not as far along with my shooting as you are - but seeing as how I gave you a hard time I'll post them anyway :)

I did some comparisons when I first for my DSLR using the kit lens (18-55mm). I mostly use a 50mm Prime lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dedguy/4219112829/

^^^ Nicely done! :clap

And did you take the shorts off?

rubio95, helmet trick is awesome.
There's no way IM could look up like that otherwise. :clap

Thanks, fellas. I haven't sanded yet, to make it even. Just a heated up boxcutter and about ten minutes.

Yes, I took the shorts off, since Iron Man just -CAN'T- get quite as dramatically into that pose with them on. For those that have kept the shorts on, the pics look great, but I really want to push this figure as far as it can go. A small marvel of engineering, this.

IM IV just arrived! looks incredible. i have not been keeping up w/ this fig since i didn't think i'd get it, but now that he's here i'm sure there are things i should watch out for. any tips? i'm going back thru this thread but it's 500 pages and the search function isn't working lol. so could ya help me out before i break it heh.

1. what kinda batteries does the base take. a buncha lil watch batteries or like AAA bust smaller?

2.is it supposed to have ANY silver paint rub "battle damage", because mines got like 20+ lil silver rubs at the edges of armor pieces. feet, elbows, chest ect.

3.how articulated is the upper thigh hip area? doesn't looks like i could get a knee to chest pose

4. think i heard something about problems w/ flaps and the round hip things popping out. any info on those?

anything else y'all can think of. i usually don't open the lil pouch w/ the printed instructions but this looks complicated enough to warrant it lol.
any advice appreciated!

IM IV just arrived! looks incredible. i have not been keeping up w/ this fig since i didn't think i'd get it, but now that he's here i'm sure there are things i should watch out for. any tips? i'm going back thru this thread but it's 500 pages and the search function isn't working lol. so could ya help me out before i break it heh.

1. what kinda batteries does the base take. a buncha lil watch batteries or like AAA bust smaller?

2.is it supposed to have ANY silver paint rub "battle damage", because mines got like 20+ lil silver rubs at the edges of armor pieces. feet, elbows, chest ect.
3.how articulated is the upper thigh hip area? doesn't looks like i could get a knee to chest pose

4. think i heard something about problems w/ flaps and the round hip things popping out. any info on those?

anything else y'all can think of. i usually don't open the lil pouch w/ the printed instructions but this looks complicated enough to warrant it lol.
any advice appreciated!

Since his base coat wouldn't be silver it's safe to assume it's suppose to be battle damage.

There's a little clear plastic tool in the pouch for opening up the leg flaps, but many have broken the hinge so be careful.

thanks. gottem on but yep, they stick out. tried bending the mesh but looks to me like the edge of the flap hits a raised area of the back. also that gray area (like where the light switch is) seems to be higher than it should be. in fact the flaps fit more flush when i just had the tab at the trapezius about halfway in.

anywho, reading alot about the calf flaps breaking when opening them. the hinged area. mine hasn't broken yet because i've been afraid to open them lol. has anyone contacted Hot Toys to see if they'll send ya new flaps? i know they've done it before if it wasn't too long after a fig was released.

Last edited:
Back