Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, seems like it. strength in numbers lol
the retailer i ordered my 2 IM IVs thru canceled & refunded! gah! anyone know where to get this without crazy prices? i usually pay them but this hasn't been out that long yet

I was looking a couple days ago and everyone was sold out or wanted ebay prices for them...

I just checked Alter Ego and they have 4 left.

I just checked Alter Ego and they have 4 left.

thank you so much!! i started to get 2. one for trade fodder. but i figured there were probably some other collectors searching like me and i'd let them benefit. changed cart to 1, and as soon as i checked out they were all gone and the listing removed lol. karma weee! seriously thank you Furley_Ghost!

thank you so much!! i started to get 2. one for trade fodder. but i figured there were probably some other collectors searching like me and i'd let them benefit. changed cart to 1, and as soon as i checked out they were all gone and the listing removed lol. karma weee! seriously thank you Furley_Ghost!

No problem. I'm glad you were able to secure one. You will love it!!!

003-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

022-2.jpg

024.jpg

031.jpg

Hard Gay I do believe. Youtube it if you're not familiar.

It's also baffling to me how people seem to always think that the contraposto pose is feminine. If you're a human being you do it all the time. It's among the most common neutral standing positions.

It's also baffling to me how people seem to always think that the contraposto pose is feminine. If you're a human being you do it all the time. It's among the most common neutral standing positions.

The voice of reason. Thank you.

I didn't want to say anything...

The voice of reason. Thank you.

I didn't want to say anything...

*Groan

Oh sorry guys, awesome figure, awesome pose, awesome figure, blah blah blah.

*Groan

Oh sorry guys, awesome figure, awesome pose, awesome figure, blah blah blah.

Some of us are trying to explore the kind of lifelike realism that this figure, and others, can achieve. Combined with trying to find the right lighting, and learning how to operate a fairly advanced camera.

I would welcome feedback if you said it was an unnatural pose, poor lighting, shutter speed, etc.

Your feedback was a picture of a clearly homosexual man in a costume.

Thanks for that!

I know that you meant no harm by it, but there have been several times where pictures of poses of that sort have been clowned on, like they're feminine or homosexual, which they are not.

A little annoying. But it's the interwebz. I'll get over it.

Some of us are trying to explore the kind of lifelike realism that this figure, and others, can achieve. Combined with trying to find the right lighting, and learning how to operate a fairly advanced camera.

I would welcome feedback if you said it was an unnatural pose, poor lighting, shutter speed, etc.

Your feedback was a picture of a clearly homosexual man in a costume.

Thanks for that!

I know that you meant no harm by it, but there have been several times where pictures of poses of that sort have been clowned on, like they're feminine or homosexual, which they are not.

A little annoying. But it's the interwebz. I'll get over it.

:lecture Absolutely.

Having fun mate. Don't forget that I'm on a dolly collecting forum too - and when I get myself a wide angle lens and decent lighting set up I'll be right there with ya photographing my dollies and trying to perfect my technique :)

Why wide angle?

They're good for exaggerating depth and relative size of the subject - so the nearest and farthest points of a figure match the same proportions when a real person is shot with a more standard lens from a normal distance. The figure therefore looks less 'toy like' and more like the real thing. Also, because they tend to have a shorter focal length than longer lenses, so you can shoot the figure from up close and get all that sweet detail.

..but all that means nothing if the lighting set-up is no good.

Back