Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the board!
As someone who lives in Winnipeg, I understand the boredom of which you speak ;)
As an owner of BW I can't give you any hair tips but what I did do was let my girlfriend do her hair, I always think it's best to let the pros do it ;)
By the way if you don't mind me asking, which store in Winnipeg did you buy BW from?

Yeah, I bought her when I got back to Toronto - I was bored so I did a little research on her while I was stuck at the Humphry Inn & Suites. Never did find a brick & mortar that sold her over there... or maybe I didn't bother checking carefully at Comics America because their prices scare me.

I go to Winnipeg every so often - what do you guys do for kicks there... collecting wise? I think I've been to all the stores..

- Ravens
- Galaxy
- Comics America
- Maxx
- Dream Gifts
- Little Star

I keep hearing about this place called Machine Interface, but I hear he/she operates on weekends, out of a different market than the Mulvey one.

Last edited:
Finally picked this baby up.
100_2084.jpg

100_2083.jpg

Hi everyone:

Newbie here - bought a Black Widow figure myself a few days ago from Toy2 out of sheer boredom incurred during my recent trip to Winnipeg, MB. You all seem like nice folks, especially when compared to some other boards. :)

That aside, any moral support in dealing with the taming of this lovely lady is always appreciated. From the articulation issues resulting from her suit, to the lack of hardware, I've learned quite a bit and I'm looking forward to seeing what other crazy ideas are brought up with regards to pimping her out.

Thought also I'd throw my halfassed attempt at giving Black Widow that sweaty gym hair look - was completed by washing with warm water and conditioner, then apply some L'Oreal sculpting wax.

If only I had the skill and patience to do a real hairstyle...

Welcome to the forum and congrats for getting the BW fig. :hi5:

Finally picked this baby up.

Congrats on the BW fig. :hi5:

After seeing the pics i was a little worried about her...

But i really actually like this figure, i still need to adjust her hair a bit but here's a few pics:

100_8506.jpg

100_8503.jpg

100_8508.jpg

In the case:

100_8536.jpg

M.

just got her. i thought id like her alot more than i do. the non flattering way the suit fits her (mostly from the side views, and the way the collar is un movable) and her insane hair have given me quite a hard time.

finally got her ina decent pose, with some decent hair. and im starting to like her more and more. but i think right now shes my least fav. hot toy. sadly.

whos got the best black widow hair, and how did you achieve it?

Hey fellow Freaks,
I'm interested in getting the Black Widow and want to know if there is anything I should do or look out for? For example:
* Saggy boobies
* Does her hair stay styled very long? Does it get frizzy over time?
* Did you guys use a comb or cold water to style her hair?

Thanks!

BW is a great femme figure. I admit I don't like her outfit too much since it really restricts posing/movement, but taken as a head and base body, it's a pretty strong figure, IMO:

IMG_6768.jpg

Since the hair already has some kind of gel/hold in it out of the box, I imagine it will not get frizzy right away. I have no idea how long before that stuff breaks down, but it should stay as it is for some time unless you have very extreme temperature/humidity conditions.

whos got the best black widow hair, and how did you achieve it?

I like mine:

blackwidow.jpg

I worked with it a bit more now and got it to look better than this pic.

I just futzed with my fingers. I don't use any product in fear of it looking too shiny, I like the more soft/matte look it has now. Weather here is pretty steady also.

i dont think my bws' hair came out to bad. used the mrs' light hairspray dont know the brand. all i know its a purple can will let you know.

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

heres some more I dug out the last one I think almost kinda looks like scarlett from that angle.

except for the sagging tits of course. :lol

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

I like mine:

blackwidow.jpg

I worked with it a bit more now and got it to look better than this pic.

I just futzed with my fingers. I don't use any product in fear of it looking too shiny, I like the more soft/matte look it has now. Weather here is pretty steady also.

Wow. Best I've seen. Looks great man. I'm going to tryto get mine like that. The suit even looks better somehow. Thanks!

Wow. Best I've seen. Looks great man. I'm going to tryto get mine like that. The suit even looks better somehow. Thanks!

Thanks.

Yeah, when people say BW looks horrible... they're just not futzing her right! She's the best lookin' HT fem imo.

Back